Way-ay-ay-ting!!! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Way-ay-ay-ting!!!

AMG inspired me to post! Click here to enlarge

Long story slightly shorter: In early December, my ex-boss and I applied for manager & underling positions at a local company that we are extremely & unusually well-qualified for. We also have people on the inside recommending us. You'd think we'd be shoo-ins for serious consideration, but there are a LOT of frustrating local politics involved and the new company generally hates hiring people from ex-company. Bc of these politics, we weren't sure Boss would be considered as he was still employed when he applied, so I threw my name into the ring for both positions. However all of our recommendations have been for "Boss=manager, DaWezl=underling" bc that is what we truly would both like.

A few weeks ago, we both were notified that we'd moved on to the phone interview stage. The one thing I noticed was that my notification was also for the manager position. We weren't sure if this was intentional or if it was a mistake. After discussing it with my boss, we decided the best strategy was for me to proceed without asking which position I was being interviewed for--we both felt that if I was truly under consideration for the manager and Boss was knocked out of the running, it would weaken my application to sound more interested in the underling position. And if I was being considered for the underling, I should be putting my best foot forward anyway. We were told that they hoped to let us know pre-holidays if we'd moved on to the next step. On the 22nd, Boss was called back to schedule an onsite interview. I was not.

Boss had this second interview on Tuesday, and according to them, they hope to do the final round of interviews with upper management next week. We know this means I was clearly knocked out of running for the manager position (which with having my boss as a valid candidate comes as no huge surprise), but what we aren't sure about is whether or not I'm still under consideration for the underling position. Logic would lead me to think that they are waiting to hire the underling so that the new manager can also have a say in the process. I also know that our connections are still talking to the hiring manager about how both of us are strong candidates. But it's killing me to not know where I stand. Normally I would just drop a line to the recruiter to ask how things were going, but the one negative opinion I know they have of our ex-employer is that the people are pushy. And the connections are already telling us everything they know, but they aren't privy to the important details. So I have to sit back and play it cool. Not my strong suit! Click here to enlarge

I'm hoping that at least my boss gets in. At the very least, he would tell me point blank if there was some random strike against me, and if he can do anything to help get me in, he will. But in the meantime, I'm being tortured waiting to hear something back!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 AM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Dang, it, my phone ate my reply Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

I hope you both get the job! Have you heard anything yet?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Way-ay-ay-ting!!!

He hasn't said anything to me yet, so I'm thinking he might have dropped out of the running. :-/ I'm hoping that if he doesn't get in, I will at least still be considered for the other position.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck! Keep us posted.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2012, 03:31 PM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm on pins and needles for you Click here to enlarge Any news?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 08:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in