In an epic feat of unprofessionalism..... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

In an epic feat of unprofessionalism.....

I managed to basically purge four years of anger and frustration at a co-worker to my boss at 8 a.m. this morning.

She is lazy, incompetent, and ignorant but THE LAST STRAW occurred at 6:15 a.m. this morning when she called me to let me know that she was calling in sick on the day of our field trip with 42 students. Exact voice mail "This is R. Yeah I'm not coming in. I don't know. I don't know what to say."

So I walked into the bosses office to let him know that the crisis was being handled. (We needed a CPR certified staff member and mine lapsed. Hers is current. I am signed up next week for my CPR class.)

And I lost it. Totally vented about her sleeping while supervising kids and about her lack of English, math and computer skills. I left out the bragging about fraudulent behavior and the workplace bullying.

I should have handled it differently. I should have went to him much earlier about everything but I didn't want to make waves. He was blindsided, tired, and in pain. I feel really bad and super embarrassed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:14 PM
mab
What kind of clothes do you suppose would be worn by a man with a mole on his nose?
Hard-Core Sybermom

should have GONE.

Find me on facebook - KHW.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank you, mab. I love how on two threads where I have spilled out a personal issue you have corrected my grammar. It is fairly amusing.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM
mab
What kind of clothes do you suppose would be worn by a man with a mole on his nose?
Hard-Core Sybermom

Whoops! Sorry I thought I was on the ME. Do you have to work closely with this person? You're teachers? how can she get away with sleeping?

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Her job position is student attendant. I am an instructional assistant. We work in an RSP-special ed classroom with a certificated teacher. The teacher and I do a lot of push-in into the regular ed classrooms with upper grade students. She is left with small groups of primary students. The last teacher in the classroom allowed the sleeping because she was afraid of losing any help.

The new certificated teacher laughed saying that is one way to start a dialogue. LOL We are meeting with the principal next week.

And honestly, about the grammar, I *know* I have gaps in word usage. When I speak I choose my words very carefully to avoid using the wrong words but when I type it gets away from me. I could say that I would study the criticism and improve but I think you popped me on gone/went before Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:20 PM
mab
Hard-Core Sybermom

That one really does rub me the wrong way. My ex says it all the time.

By definition, attending students would necessarily be awake! WTF. Now what's this about workplace bullying? Because that shit should be reported to your boss asap.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

She is an aggressive, defensive person. I tend to not stick up for myself because I can never believe an adult would act the way she does. An example would be that I am sitting at my work table and she comes right up to me and says "I am leaving early today. I don't need to call in a sub, right?" I go through the whole spiel of saying I'm not your supervisor, blah, blah, blah, and she will just get closer and say "I don't need to call it in, RIGHT?" She is quite large and she uses her body language to intimidate.

That's with me and I'm an adult. I know she intimidates some of the kids. I am meeting with the principal Monday morning and I have my list of concerns.

I feel really bad about broadsiding the principal with this the way I did though. My co-worker (the teacher) said, "Well, that is one way to open up a dialogue." Probably not the best way.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM
mab
Hard-Core Sybermom

You need to report that! If you think she's treating the kids that way YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yes I do. Absolutely.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Well at least you did finally go to him, he can't do anything about it if he doesn't know about it. Hopefully some action will be taken now.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hopefully he will do something about it now. You shouldn't tattle every time there is something, but perhaps making an appointment to sit down with him and say, I think there are some issues, is a good idea. I'm sure he understood though that you were frustrated and upset that she cancelled on you on a difficult day at the last moment. She sounds like an asshole, and I hope she is reprimanded.

And you have to admit, mab correcting your grammar after you bagged on the bad coworker's English skills is kind of funny. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

It was funny....

I appreciate your support but I am going to have to stop commenting on this because of legal action I found out about. (I am not a defendant.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in