Speaking of insurance... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Speaking of insurance...

Click here to enlarge

I just noticed that I have been changed $40+/month for dental plan that I DON'T EVEN WANT and my fucking HR dept refuses to cancel becuase I haven't had a "life event" in the past 30 days Click here to enlarge

I swear to fuck, I cancelled it during open enrollment. I haven't used the coverage in over 2 years because it is craptastic and DH's policy covers me.

Who the fuck thinks it's OK to NOT LET ME CANCEL COVERAGE I DO NOT WANT? Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge I can understand not being able to willy-nilly ADD coverage, but srsly? FORCING me to pay for coverage that I DIDN'T WANT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I am (obviously Click here to enlarge) apoplectic over this Click here to enlarge

I'm not even interested in getting my $$ back for the 4 months I've paid for so far. I just want to stop paying for coverage I do.not.need.or.want. and that I SWEAR I cancelled during open enrollment.

And no, of course I didn't fucking print the crap off when I went thru open enrollment - why would I? I would NEVER have occurred to me to do that, because I was CANCELLING shit.

Why on earth is this policy? What is the benefit to the employee here?

And the only reason I found out was because HR fucked up my paycheck last pay period and fixed it afterwards, and I was just double-checking my paystub on-line when I noticed a deduction for dental coverage. So, naturally, I'm outside the "30 day Life Event" notification period. Well, I didn't have a fucking LIFE EVENT, damnit. The fucking on-line open enrollment fucked up and I didn't notice it and I should fucking be able to CANCEL if I WANT TO Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

OMG, the whole "open enrollment" thing drives me up a fucking wall! When we were without power and living in the stone age after the horrible snow storm last fall, DH's open enrollment deadline passed. DH tried to ask for an extension because we were living in a fucking STATE OF EMERGENCY. They told him that because he went into work 1 day during that period, he "had access to a computer" and therefore they refused to grant an extension. The only thing that saved our butts was that they counted my "life event" from when my coverage ended, not from when I lost my job. Otherwise we'd be without insurance this year.

The ridiculous thing is that it's not like hundreds of other employees were trying to use the same excuse. We live 3 hours away from where DH works, so no one there was affected.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in