Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Double Duty Divas (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/15-double-duty-divas/)
-   -   start to finish (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/15-double-duty-divas/73260-start-finish.html)

goobish 05-15-2003 07:46 AM

start to finish

how long does it take you to get you and the kid(s) ready every morning?

Last night power went out and today I had a personal best of 34 minutes (I was still 20 minutes late for work though)

Normally it takes us an hour and 20

LoRo 05-15-2003 07:54 AM

Hour and a half. Dd's leisurely morning nursing slows us down. I'm usually 10 minutes late or so on the 2 days I have to drop her off at daycare.

_DJ_ 05-15-2003 07:59 AM

About 45 mins. I can do it in 20 though in a pinch, although it doesn't seem to matter, I'm always late for work. I suck.

kwl718 05-15-2003 08:50 AM

An hour and a half. DS13 gets himself out of the house without assistance. I get up, shower, pump milk for DS1, wash pump parts, get dressed, eat breakfast, pack his daycare bag, load the car and bring him out. SO is out of work so he plays with DS1 while I do this stuff, feeds him breakfast and gets him dressed. When SO gets a job, I don't know how I'll do it...I'll need to speed things up!

lil devil 05-15-2003 08:53 AM

Not too long, about 1/2 hour or 45 mins.

Ds gets himself ready, I just have to prompt "brush your teeth, make your lunch, get your shoes on, etc..." or he would just sit there, mouth agape watching Dd's silly, baby shows - Bear or Wiggles.

I get up at 6-6:15 and we leave at about 6:45-6:50. Ds at school by 7:00, dd to MIL's by 7:10 and I am at work by 7:50 or so. That's after I stop at Starbucks for tea :lol

lil devil 05-15-2003 08:54 AM

Yikes! What's with the filters? :lol

Cowgirl 05-15-2003 10:16 AM

45-60 minutes. I wake up at 545 and I'm done by 615. Then i wake slow-poke and he dwaddles until 640. We're out the door and I'm at work by 710 (10 minutes late)

Clutterbug 05-16-2003 05:56 AM

I have an hour and a half. Lots of days we're running late and some days we have time for reading or playing before we're out the door. I find that if DD has extra time in the morning she'll start playing and then it's harder to get her ready and out the door because she doesn't want to be pulled away from what she's doing.

My DCP also feeds them breakfast. I nurse DS, but don't have to worry about getting them fed...I don't know how I'd swing that.

WhiteTrashBarbie 05-16-2003 06:31 AM

50 minutes to an hour. It's gotten better as dd has gotten older. Now I get myself mostly ready before waking her up--I find I can work quicker without having to stop every few minutes and get something for her. Then I get her up, help her get dressed, get her breakfast ready.

I get up 5:30 a.m. and am out the door by 6:30 p.m. lately.

Krissa 05-16-2003 07:43 AM

It takes us about an hour and 45 minutes, and that feels rushed.

I have an 18 month old and a 5 year old.

Coco 05-16-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lil devil
Yikes! What's with the filters? :lol
:lmao
I said 'yikes' too when i saw that. :lol

I'm up at about 5.40. I don't have to do anything as the lady who watches DS lives in with us.
When he starts going to daycare in Sept, it shouldn't be too bad...the DCP is on the same block as us! :love

I'll pack his bag and make sure his food/juice/milk is made the night before and just put it in his bag in the morning.
I think I leave too early to actually take him to the daycare myself, so I'll pay my sister to drop him and pick him up.

I'm out the door anywhere from 6.20 to 6.30.
on a bad day for my 'late' train, I'm oug the house between 6.40 and 6.50.

I eat breakfast at work, so I don't fart around with that, and take my showers at night, so I just wash up in the mornings.

Lasagna 05-16-2003 01:02 PM

Usually about a half hour, but we don't eat at home.

It takes less time if I've set everything out the night before. Then, I just wake up, put my clothes on, brush teeth and hair, then wake up dd, put her clothes on and brush her teeth. If she wakes up easily, we could be out in 15 minutes. If she wakes up hard or cranky, or wants to nurse, it can take 45 minutes.

La Dee Frickin' Da 05-17-2003 05:30 AM

DH gets DD ready in the morning. I have to be to work at 4:30 AM during the week and at 6:00 AM on the weekends. I'll get her diaper bag together the night before, but that's about all I do to help get her ready.

Butchy 05-17-2003 02:04 PM

I get ds ready and on the bus first but I have to have coffee before I can even think so I get up about 6.30-ish and get him up at 7. He's out the door by 7.20. I then get ready and am at work by 8. If I have to take dd to preschool then I don't get to work til 9. I shower the night before and just spray my hair with water and spot dry it and then curl if I want to. Really cuts down my getting ready for work time.

ArmyFnp 05-18-2003 04:04 PM

Have a nanny now, so I just have to dress me and play/nurse DD. Takes anywhere from 30minutes for these things, to an hour, depending upon her mood. Before I came here and DH was not with me, I prepared bottles ahead of time, laid clothes out, fixed my lunch the night before, so the morning routine took about an hour to hour and a half with nursing.

GermanMama 05-19-2003 02:37 AM

I always set my alarm for 0630 but never get my ass out of bed before 0700. I wake up the kids and make them breakfast, get lunch for my daughter ready, she dresses herself, I have to prompt her though. "Brush you teeth, brush your hair, get your shoes on, you will be late!"
She goes off to school at 0800 by which time I should be leaving the house as well, but I am usually running around 10 minutes late. I really need to work on my schedule! ;)

LetThereBeLips 05-19-2003 06:09 AM

Well, I can get everything done in 35 minutes, if necessary, but I prefer to take my time. Usually I get up at 5:30, shower, load up the car, get all my shit together and read email and surf a bit until my daughter wakes up, usually around 6:45. Then I get her up, change her diaper, dress her, and let her have a bottle. My husband is also getting up at this point, and he likes to spend a few minutes with her before going to work. We're generally out of the house at around 7:10.

dallas 05-19-2003 09:55 AM

I have a personal best this morning also. My alarm clock (dd) didn't wake up until 8 a.m. this morning. We were out the door at 8:30 and that was with me taking a shower.

Normally, it takes about an hour, but I piddle around. I'm late to work every single day no matter what time I leave the house. I have decided it is absolutely impossible for me to be on time. Luckily, eveyone in my office seems to have the same problem. I'm usually the first one here even though I'm 30 minutes late. We're just a bunch of slackers.

Hokie 05-19-2003 12:17 PM

I usually do it in an hour, but I could probably do it in 35 minutes.

Jewels 05-19-2003 12:50 PM

I usually get ready in about 1 1/2 hrs. I try to get up without waking dd so I can have a cup of coffee and get my hair washed.

SO refuses to get up earlier so we have to fight over the bathroom from 6-6:30, but if I can get up at 5:45 I get my 15 min alone :)

We usually leave by 7:20, and I'm always at least 10 min late for work