start to finish - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

start to finish

how long does it take you to get you and the kid(s) ready every morning?

Last night power went out and today I had a personal best of 34 minutes (I was still 20 minutes late for work though)

Normally it takes us an hour and 20
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 07:54 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hour and a half. Dd's leisurely morning nursing slows us down. I'm usually 10 minutes late or so on the 2 days I have to drop her off at daycare.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 07:59 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to _DJ_
About 45 mins. I can do it in 20 though in a pinch, although it doesn't seem to matter, I'm always late for work. I suck.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 08:50 AM
kwl718
Ambulance Chaser

An hour and a half. DS13 gets himself out of the house without assistance. I get up, shower, pump milk for DS1, wash pump parts, get dressed, eat breakfast, pack his daycare bag, load the car and bring him out. SO is out of work so he plays with DS1 while I do this stuff, feeds him breakfast and gets him dressed. When SO gets a job, I don't know how I'll do it...I'll need to speed things up!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Not too long, about 1/2 hour or 45 mins.

Ds gets himself ready, I just have to prompt "brush your teeth, make your lunch, get your shoes on, etc..." or he would just sit there, mouth agape watching Dd's silly, baby shows - Bear or Wiggles.

I get up at 6-6:15 and we leave at about 6:45-6:50. Ds at school by 7:00, dd to MIL's by 7:10 and I am at work by 7:50 or so. That's after I stop at Starbucks for tea Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Yikes! What's with the filters? Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Location: somewhere, over there and up, turn around and back down

45-60 minutes. I wake up at 545 and I'm done by 615. Then i wake slow-poke and he dwaddles until 640. We're out the door and I'm at work by 710 (10 minutes late)
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 05:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have an hour and a half. Lots of days we're running late and some days we have time for reading or playing before we're out the door. I find that if DD has extra time in the morning she'll start playing and then it's harder to get her ready and out the door because she doesn't want to be pulled away from what she's doing.

My DCP also feeds them breakfast. I nurse DS, but don't have to worry about getting them fed...I don't know how I'd swing that.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 06:31 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

50 minutes to an hour. It's gotten better as dd has gotten older. Now I get myself mostly ready before waking her up--I find I can work quicker without having to stop every few minutes and get something for her. Then I get her up, help her get dressed, get her breakfast ready.

I get up 5:30 a.m. and am out the door by 6:30 p.m. lately.

It is easier to build strong children than to repair b.roken men.
-Frederick Douglass

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." -- Benjamin Franklin
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 07:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Krissa
It takes us about an hour and 45 minutes, and that feels rushed.

I have an 18 month old and a 5 year old.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 09:17 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by lil devil
Yikes! What's with the filters? Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
I said 'yikes' too when i saw that. Click here to enlarge

I'm up at about 5.40. I don't have to do anything as the lady who watches DS lives in with us.
When he starts going to daycare in Sept, it shouldn't be too bad...the DCP is on the same block as us! Click here to enlarge

I'll pack his bag and make sure his food/juice/milk is made the night before and just put it in his bag in the morning.
I think I leave too early to actually take him to the daycare myself, so I'll pay my sister to drop him and pick him up.

I'm out the door anywhere from 6.20 to 6.30.
on a bad day for my 'late' train, I'm oug the house between 6.40 and 6.50.

I eat breakfast at work, so I don't fart around with that, and take my showers at night, so I just wash up in the mornings.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Usually about a half hour, but we don't eat at home.

It takes less time if I've set everything out the night before. Then, I just wake up, put my clothes on, brush teeth and hair, then wake up dd, put her clothes on and brush her teeth. If she wakes up easily, we could be out in 15 minutes. If she wakes up hard or cranky, or wants to nurse, it can take 45 minutes.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 05:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

DH gets DD ready in the morning. I have to be to work at 4:30 AM during the week and at 6:00 AM on the weekends. I'll get her diaper bag together the night before, but that's about all I do to help get her ready.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I get ds ready and on the bus first but I have to have coffee before I can even think so I get up about 6.30-ish and get him up at 7. He's out the door by 7.20. I then get ready and am at work by 8. If I have to take dd to preschool then I don't get to work til 9. I shower the night before and just spray my hair with water and spot dry it and then curl if I want to. Really cuts down my getting ready for work time.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Have a nanny now, so I just have to dress me and play/nurse DD. Takes anywhere from 30minutes for these things, to an hour, depending upon her mood. Before I came here and DH was not with me, I prepared bottles ahead of time, laid clothes out, fixed my lunch the night before, so the morning routine took about an hour to hour and a half with nursing.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 02:37 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I always set my alarm for 0630 but never get my ass out of bed before 0700. I wake up the kids and make them breakfast, get lunch for my daughter ready, she dresses herself, I have to prompt her though. "Brush you teeth, brush your hair, get your shoes on, you will be late!"
She goes off to school at 0800 by which time I should be leaving the house as well, but I am usually running around 10 minutes late. I really need to work on my schedule! Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Well, I can get everything done in 35 minutes, if necessary, but I prefer to take my time. Usually I get up at 5:30, shower, load up the car, get all my shit together and read email and surf a bit until my daughter wakes up, usually around 6:45. Then I get her up, change her diaper, dress her, and let her have a bottle. My husband is also getting up at this point, and he likes to spend a few minutes with her before going to work. We're generally out of the house at around 7:10.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have a personal best this morning also. My alarm clock (dd) didn't wake up until 8 a.m. this morning. We were out the door at 8:30 and that was with me taking a shower.

Normally, it takes about an hour, but I piddle around. I'm late to work every single day no matter what time I leave the house. I have decided it is absolutely impossible for me to be on time. Luckily, eveyone in my office seems to have the same problem. I'm usually the first one here even though I'm 30 minutes late. We're just a bunch of slackers.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I usually do it in an hour, but I could probably do it in 35 minutes.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Jewels
Ambulance Chaser

I usually get ready in about 1 1/2 hrs. I try to get up without waking dd so I can have a cup of coffee and get my hair washed.

SO refuses to get up earlier so we have to fight over the bathroom from 6-6:30, but if I can get up at 5:45 I get my 15 min alone Click here to enlarge

We usually leave by 7:20, and I'm always at least 10 min late for work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in