Periods - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Periods

Hi everyone! I gave birth to a daughter four months back. It was a normal delivery. Everything was normal. My baby is on breastfeeding. I am worried I did not have my periods normal. It has been three months that my cycle did not show up. Is this because of breastfeeding. Should I consult a doctor or is it normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 07:05 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello ladies. Pregnancies are different for everyone as our deliveries and the way our bodies react after delivery. What you are experiencing is not unusual nor it is harmful in most cases unless and if the bleeding continues for a long period of time which means you could be hemorrhaging. Before you become very frustrated to give it the normal length of time for your usual period to last. If the flow does not lighten and the cramps don't stop or if at any time it worsens contact your doctor immediately, it could mean that all of the placentae did not drop or something simpler like your body trying to rid itself of the extra blood that has accumulated, remember you haven't had a period for 9 months. Whatever the case after a week or if it would make you feel better to check sooner you should find out if there is something out of the ordinary going on with your body. It is never wrong to be safe rather than sorry. If you feel uncomfortable to the point that you don't want to wait then see your doctor now.Good luck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 09:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi there. How are you? I know how hard it is to know that one is infertile. The best thing is that people like you accepted to move forward. IVF is 80% successful. IVf suits almost everyone. My cousin ttc for 3 years. Her mother suggested IVF. She went through IVF procedure. Now she is a mother of twins. A beautiful baby girl and handsome baby boy. I hope you become happy and healthy mother. Stay blessed. Take care of your diet and health. lots of love.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi there.How are you?I am glad to hear about your daughterYou should consult to a doctor.It can be happen due to problem in harmones.Do you want to become pregnant again?Wish you good luck for your future.please utrasound your tube in belly.Take care
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 02:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Congratulations on the birth of baby girl. You are one of the lucky ones. As you are being blessed with the baby. I think you must consult some experienced doctor. He will check you thoroughly. And only then you can know what exactly is the reason behind all this.
I hope you will find some solution real soon.
Wishng health to your baby. Much love and prayers for you.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2018, 06:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello beautiful lady.Don't take any stress.Its normal.there is common not in every woman.But some have the deal with it.It's all taking time.After some time things are going alright.I hope you are getting your period soon.Stay relax and be positive.If you think it's a long time and you feel strange.You should also consult the doctor and clear all your issues.Stay blessed and healthy life.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi there Madison! First of all Congratulations! I m so damn happy for you. So your cycle is still not normal. Nothing to worry about. Every body works different ok. And after giving birth to a baby. The cycle is irregular for sometime. Also because of the breastfeeding. It also happened with my best friend. Her cycles were normal after 5 months. We were so scared but it was nothing. If you are still worried about it. Then it's better to visit your doctor. He will clear all your doubts. He will be able to know even if there's a problem. I hope everything is good. Much Love!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Greetings dear Joe. You must be enjoying with your child. It is a really beautiful moment for every mother. Pre and post pregnancy conditions vary from mother to mother. In some pregnancy passes very smoothly followed by normal routine after the child birth. For others it can have some different experience. Post pregnancy periods are also different from mother to mother. Some might experience heavy periods while others may even not have it. In BF mothers the chances of periods are very low. If you are breast feeding and still having no periods it is very normal. The chances of periods in a post pregnancy depend upon how frequently the baby is nursing. While breast feeding the chances of ovulation also become negligible and so you are less likely to get pregnant.This is the natural way of staying away from getting pregnant. Thus, if you are not having your menstrual cycles don't get tensed. It is verynatural. In case you have some unusual feelings then it means you need to go for some medical advice.Stay calm and everything will be fine.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Greetings dear Joe. You must be enjoying with your child. It is a really beautiful moment for every mother. Pre and post pregnancy conditions vary from mother to mother. In some pregnancy passes very smoothly followed by normal routine after the child birth. For others it can have some different experience. Post pregnancy periods are also different from mother to mother. Some might experience heavy periods while others may even not have it. In BF mothers the chances of periods are very low. If you are breast feeding and still having no periods it is very normal. The chances of periods in a post pregnancy depend upon how frequently the baby is nursing. While breast feeding the chances of ovulation also become negligible and so you are less likely to get pregnant.This is the natural way of staying away from getting pregnant. Thus, if you are not having your menstrual cycles don't get tensed. It is verynatural. In case you have some unusual feelings then it means you need to go for some medical advice.Stay calm and everything will be fine.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Madison first of all congratulations dear! I think it’s normal. You shouldn’t be panic. My family fellow also facing difficulty in periods. She also consulted with her doctor but she suggests her to relax. And take a healthy meal. You should also consult it with your doctor. I think she will guide you in a better way.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

thanks for sharing your thoughts here, really helpful atlanta newborn photographer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in