Whoooooooooo Are you? Who! Who! - Page 3 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Double Duty Divas Support for working moms! Whether you are part time, full time or even a student...this is a place for you!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:48 AM
AlwaysWillBeRose
Ambulance Chaser

PT WOHM doing payroll processing for other business's. My kids are going to be starting latchkey for the 21/2 days I work when they start school and my youngest will continue at an in-home daycare.

I get to read some of Sybermoms while at work but I post mostly from home.

I also belong to the Doing it by ourselves forum as I am a single mother to my 3 beautiful kiddo's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:49 AM
AlwaysWillBeRose
Ambulance Chaser

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramblin' Rose
latchkey for the 21/2 days I work when they start school
that should have read...

2 and 1/2 days... Click here to enlarge
post #43 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Second Class Pyro
Ambulance Chaser

I'm a FT WOHM married to a FT WOHD. I have one son who will be two in October. I'm a receptionist for a telecommunications billing software company. In addition to working full time, I am also going to school to get duel associates in Marketing and Management. There are only about 4 different classes so I figured what the hell. Once I get those degrees, I'm seriously considering getting a nursing degree as well. In addition to my regular job, I also do part time, seasonal work for our local university as event staff at football games (usually an usher). Currently ds is in daycare for 7:30-12:30 and then he is with my dad in the afternoons. Unfortunately, dad's hours are changing as of Monday and ds will be in daycare full days. That is going to suck, but we'll all get through it
post #44 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 02:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am a PT WOHM, working anywhere from 15-25 hours per week. I only work when DH is off or after he comes home from work, so as not to have to pay daycare for 3 kids. I am in management of CNAs at an assisted care facility and really enjoy everything about my job but the management part. Click here to enlarge If I could go back and finish school I would have my nursing degree in one year, but I'm planning to wait until my youngest, who is 18 months, is a couple years older.
post #45 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 03:19 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm a PT WOHM at 32hrs/wk married to a FT WOHD. I work for the School of Medicine at a University and DH works at the hospital associated with us so we get to commute together. We have two dd's ages 5 (she starts K next week) and 17mos.
post #46 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Krissa
I am a full time WOHM. My name is Kris, and I work for an insurance company as a legal secretary in our legal defense office. Sounds boring but it's pretty interesting, actually.

I also attend school part-time to become a paralegal, and have two children. Kaleigh is 6 and Maddy is almost 2!
post #47 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Nina
Ambulance Chaser

I'm a FT WOHM and so is dh. We are computer animators working for a company providing services to the litigation community. DSs are 3-1/2 and 10 mos.
post #48 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Tattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Tattoo
I work PT as a secretary - worked FT for 12 years and finally took the plunge. Stress got the best of me and it was either my job or my sanity, I chose my sanity. Click here to enlarge

I stay home on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but am starting an evening class on 9/2 on those days. Kids are going back to school too, I can't wait because they are so bored!!

It's a boy! Anthony Michael, born at 1:24 pm on March 7, 2012! 7lb 14 oz, 20" long

Nope, not getting rid of the ticker. Have you clicked me lately!

Not getting rid of this ticker either.
post #49 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 04:00 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

FT WOHM, here! dd is almost 14 months old. I work as an engineer for an NBC affiliated TV station.
post #50 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 05:49 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
i am primarily a SAHM who works on occasion, but, when i do work, i work an average of 12+ hrs a day (the last day i worked from 6am to 2am Click here to enlarge) so i have odd childcare needs.

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #51 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 06:15 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm a FT WOHM, I work usually 40 hours a week, sometimes more. I'm in the Air Force, and I work with computers and security issues dealing with the network. I love my job.
DH is also a computer guy, but he's a jeans wearing, goatee sporting civvie. DS is 2.5 and goes to daycare FT on base.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #52 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 08:24 AM
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm a FT WOHM. I do admin work in the Commercial Lending dept of a bank. It's been a big change since my last job which was inventory analysis.

DH is a FT WOHD. We both have long commutes (we live in NY, I work in NJ and he works in CT) and it's starting to wear us down. Keeping our fingers crossed that we can both relocate soon to be closer to DD's dc.

DD will be one on the 1st. She's in dc 4 days and spends Fridays with my sister and nephew.

Chocolate--You are not the Excel Queen. I am. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #53 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 01:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

FT WOHM. Dh was supposed to start a new job next week but they've decided to not hire right now. It was going to be my ticket back to SAHHdom. I'm so freaking depressed right now. I hate working. I want to be a SAHM again. I have 3 kids in daycare. Way too fucking expensive.
post #54 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 06:13 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I work 3 days a week doing the hair of the stars! ok, maybe just the locals. I Click here to enlarge my job. I work really long days....10-9. My husband manages a collection agency. We have 2 girls, one will be 3 in Oct and the other will be 12 in Oct.
post #55 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Ophelia
I'm a FT WOHM to a newly turned 3 year old dd. Dh stays with her while I work and then has a part time evening job. I push papers at a legal information service company.
post #56 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am a full time SAHM to Abigail (2 years) and Alex (11 months) and a part time reservations rep. for a vacation/honeymoon resort. I work usually 6 - 11 p.m.

I miss my dh at night! The job is good because the kids go to bed at 8 p.m. but my quality time with dh has decreased dramatically.
post #57 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 04:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't know what I am anymore.

I am 39 (40 in December), Mom to dd 24, dsX3 20, almost 19 & step 13 and Grandma to Dylan 8 months.

I have been an RN for 13 years, the last 10 in Peds. Up until 2 weeks ago I worked FT at a Peditrician's office. I lost my job when the powers that are decided the didn't need to pay nurses to do telephone triage/advice and replaced us with MAs and lay people trained in house. Yes, I am pissed.

So now I'm staying at home, thinking of ways to make a little money on the side. After 1 year of unemployment I can draw SS disability (long story, was certified disabled 2 years ago didn't have to stop working as my now ex employer made a bunch of accomidations, I am in a wheel chair about 50% of the time).
post #58 of 343 (permalink) Old 08-31-2003, 09:52 PM
Smilin' Ho
Ambulance Chaser

FT Working mom. I'm an accountant. Dh is a SAHD to our 3 yr old and 2 yr old.Click here to enlarge
post #59 of 343 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 08:16 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I officially a PT federal investigator!! I am working 20 hours a week now, although I have been working 30 to 40 since ds was born. Dh works from home FT from home and we have a two year-old ds. My mom comes over to the house for a couple of hours when I am not home to watch ds so dh can work.

I am walking to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes
To Support me Click Here!
post #60 of 343 (permalink) Old 09-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Another lawyer. Sheesh. I'm a litigator; I work in a boutique defense firm that allows me to work as much as I can bear and as little as I can afford, which works out to be from about 930 am to five M - Th, 930 to 3 ish on Fridays. I'm behind though so I'm fixing to start hitting it HARD. The extra $$$ will come in handy to pay for all my home improvement and start plugging away at an IRA.

I love my job 70% of the time, hate hate hate it about 30%. If I was still with a big firm I would lose my mind, but I've been here since the big firm and I had a not-so amicable parting of ways in June 2002 and I haven't looked back once. Except to laugh my ass off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in