Gift Suggestions - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Gift Suggestions

I have a friend that's having twins and her baby shower is next weekend. Do you guys have any suggestions for stuff you really used/liked?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I used mostly the same stuff as when I had my singleton.. just more of it. My twins had reflux and we used oodles of bibs and onesies b/c of the spitting up. Depending on how much you are wanting to spend , and what she already has I'd say you can't go wrong with a nice giant basket filled with the neccesities ( diapers , wipes , onesies , soap , bibs , blankets , burp cloths etc) that is stuff you can never have to much of IMO.. I never found much use for the oodles of cutesies dresses and clothes that I got b/c we didn't go out with them much when they were tiny unless we needed to.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I cannot stress enough how much easier the Eurobath made my life when it came time to bathe the kiddos. I could leave one in the bathroom in the bouncer and the other in the EB in the tub-if the one in the bounce rolled, puked etc, I could manage the bathing baby with one hand and use the other to help the bouncer kid.

Skip all the cutesy clothes and buy diapers-I didn't have to buy a package for the first 8 months and it was awesome to just reach in the closet and get what we needed instead of having to go to the store. Get varying sizes so they have the next size when they grow out of the previous one mysteriously at 2am.

Gift certificates for a caterer are great!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would buy 2 of something frivolous that you may not think too hard about getting a singleton but when you buy 2 of whatever it is it's just too much dang money Click here to enlarge

Something like 2 pairs of Robeez boots for the upcoming fall/winter. They are about $40 a pair, double that and I know for me, it sounded like too much money as a mom of twins no matter how much I wanted them Click here to enlarge My Mom ended up getting them each a pair for their 1st Christmas and I LOVED them. Easy to get on, warm, got to skip winter boots, they stayed on their feet which is nice when you have to keep track of 4 feet Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in