Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/156-multiples-we-don-t-mean-orgasms/)
-   -   Mothers of Twins Clubs? (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/156-multiples-we-don-t-mean-orgasms/483785-mothers-twins-clubs.html)

Skye 08-22-2007 05:43 PM

Mothers of Twins Clubs?

I became a member of our local Twins Club a few months ago because they have an awesome garage sale. I scored a changing table, 2 matching white sleigh cribs, some blanket sleepers, and paid my 1 year membership all for $135!

Tonight, the "new mom meals" chairperson brought me baked manicotti, caesar salad, and garlic bread.

I love these people. :lol

Consueluh 08-23-2007 08:24 PM

Wow!! It sounds like you have a great one. :clap

Ours was a complete waste of time and really just the local mommy olympics. You know, Junior knit his own afghan in-utero, etc. :lol

SouthernTwinMama 08-26-2007 06:55 PM

We never joined ours, either. They do have great consignment sales, though.

They meet at an awful time, like 7pm on a week night. And, they have someone who gives a little lecture. Like I need advice on closet organizing. :wtf

Glad you like yours though. :love

Beatnic 09-23-2007 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTwinMama
We never joined ours, either. They do have great consignment sales, though.

They meet at an awful time, like 7pm on a week night. And, they have someone who gives a little lecture. Like I need advice on closet organizing. :wtf

Glad you like yours though. :love

This was my experience as well.. I joined and it was a total waste. They never did any good activities. I joined my local moms club and have been thrilled with that.

Fern 09-25-2007 04:00 PM

Oh, congratulations on your little girls!!!!

Coyote Ugly 09-25-2007 06:21 PM

I wish there was a Twins club around me. The local Moms club is very clique-ish and very fundy and semi-1950's housefrou-ish. The only support I got was/is from Twinshock.net.

EasyShare 09-27-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallyUGLY
I wish there was a Twins club around me. The local Moms club is very clique-ish and very fundy and semi-1950's housefrou-ish. The only support I got was/is from Twinshock.net.

Way to spam without making it look like it! :clap

Coyote Ugly 09-27-2007 12:47 PM

:) I try.

Skye 09-28-2007 12:22 PM

So far I haven't made it to a meeting, but they have lectures. The last one was by a kindergarten teacher about starting twins in school, so they sound more pertinent than closet organizing. :lol

Kcat 10-13-2007 10:36 PM

We didn't join because of little time, little sleep. The web site wasn't good - no good information, no discussion. If I had time I prefer more fun than meeting about twins. :D But I wonder if we should join for information.

TrivialQueen 01-20-2008 11:11 AM

I recently joined one here in my area. I live in a pretty large area, so I had several to pick from. The first one I didn't care for too much - most of the twins were over 20 and out of their houses, and I was really looking for a younger crowd. I really like the current one which I joined their stork club. They have a massive consignment sale, their meetings are at an inconvenient time but not any worse than the other club, they serve us dinner, and there is a lecture, but the last one was on positive parenting and I enjoyed it.

I'm also a twin myself, and I have fond memories of club gatherings from the child perspective, so I really wanted to find something similar for these wee babes.

Juni 01-23-2008 06:30 AM

I looked into the one that serves where I currently live, but it's definitely geared towards stay at home moms. All the meetings are during the week, mid-day. The topics they talked about were very umm...uppity.

I'd love to get involved with a good one though. To actually be surrounded by a group of parents who won't give me the "wow, I don't know HOW you do it" lines. Same way you do it dumpass, just doubled. :eyeroll

I'm tempted to join for the sales too.