Spinoff-did your twins... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Spinoff-did your twins...

still wake at night at 11 months? if so, how often? When one woke, did he or she wake the other?

And what was the sleep schedule? They get very sleepy around 6-6:30, so they are usually asleep by 7. But now they are beginning to start their day at 5-5:30 am. I'm thinking about giving them that extra nap around 5pm, and letting them stay up a little later. But I am hoping & guessing that staying up later means sleeping in later? I need to sleep a little later than 5am, since I work a shift from 7-11 pm. help.me.please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've had a successful sleeping routine that worked for all my kids. By about 8 months I had slowly merged their 2 naps to 1 nap a day and they stick with the one nap a day until they are about 3 or 4 and bed time is 7 pm until they hit about 5 years.

My twins often don't wake up when the other cries. I think they are just so used to the noise of the other they drown it out Click here to enlarge By 11 months they still got up at about 11 pm for a bottle. But it was a quick process and they were sleeping again quick.

So my sleep routine goes... I give an early lunch at 11 (lunch is important before putting them down), and put kids to bed at 11:30. They usually sleep about 2.5-3 hours. Bed time happens at 7 pm sharp, they get up at about 6:30-7 am.

I think it really helped us to NOT do any CIO at all. If they cry I tend to them, it can be a lot of work in the 1st months or when they are sick or teething or just up a lot at times, but it was really worth it. I really believe this makes sleeping a happy thing b/c they don't feel their cribs/beds are a place they have been condemned to and ignored/alone. I also put them to bed awake, so learning how to fall asleep on their own combined with bed being a happy place works well for us.

I also try to transition as gradually and naturally as possible to 1 nap a day and sleeping through the night. Moving to a new routine too fast or before they are naturally ready to change their routine makes things worse. Another thing that really screws up their sleep is skipping a nap. If they don't get a good nap they sleep like crap at night. No idea why it works out like that.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Mine have slept from 7 to 7 since about nine or ten months. At about that time, we cut naps from two to one a day. Now they nap from about noon to two and are down for good between 7 to 8. For a night or two, one woke the other up but they cried/whined each other back to sleep quickly. At first, I'd run in and get the crier so that he/she wouldn't wake the other one and then one night, I said screw it and let them go. It wasn't the trauma I expected it to be. I think they felt better knowing that the other one was there. Now they go down talking to each other and neither is up at all in the middle of the night unless they're sick.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 05:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Fern
Mine still got up at least once a night -- usually more -- until they were 15 months. If one woke up I got them both up and fed both together, just to have it done with. Later on, after they were no longer waking nightly as a matter of course, sometimes one would wake with a bad dream or something and the other would wake up too, but would be sleepy enough that he'd just stay laying down while I held his brother (still right over the crib) or patted his back or head, or help his hand. Sometimes if both were sad (and not wanting to nurse) their dad would have to come up and hold one while I held the other.

Sleep routine -- mine had moved to one nap by 15 months-ish, but it was a pretty good one in the afternoon.

No advice, but I wanted you to know you're not the only one whose kids weren't sleeping thru at this age.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

None of my kids slept throught the night until about 15+ months old
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My twins slept through the night at 6 months I think (hard to remember because I was so tired Click here to enlarge). Now they are 14 months and sleep at 8 pm to 6 or 7 am and with 2 naps. I like 2 naps because the day shorter I think and they are awake when their dad is home from work.

They usually don't wake at night. My son sometimes but he never wakes my girl even with the cribs together but if one wakes with naps the other wakes.

Good luck with the new work. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in