Developing Differently - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Developing Differently

I know that my twins are two individuals and that all babies develop differently, but did you notice a difference in how your twins developed?

Amelia seems to be a little ahead of the game. She is much more alert and started smiling about 2 weeks ahead of Luke. Also, she has better head control. He seems to be developing better head control, but it is not a strong as hers. Of course, I wonder if it has to do with his head being so much bigger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yes, they're pretty different. Piper routinely does things weeks before Sasha and Sasha does other things early. Sasha could hold a sitting position at 3 months, Piper at 5 months. Piper was walking at about 9 1/2 months, Sasha at 10 months. Piper started saying words at 10 months, Sasha just started doing that at 13 months.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Mine were pretty different, too. Although I can't remember back through the fog of exhaustion to what they were doing before about 6 months. Click here to enlarge

But, Ellie hit pretty much all of the physical milestones first. She sat up, crawled, walked, got teeth, etc months before Emma. Emma slept through the night first, though.

Now at age 6, Emma is ahead academically.

BTW, it turned out that Emma had some gross motor skills delays from being premature, but they were 30 week preemies, so odds are yours are just showing you that babies are different.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My daughter walked at nine months and my son didn't walk until 20 months. In other ways, they've been pretty equal.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:09 AM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

very very very

mb was way ahead of the game (still is, infact Click here to enlarge). Most of it I attribute to personality. But Sam was extremely lazy and let Mary Beth do all of his bidding. She walked at 10 1/2 mo and he waited until 17 mo. He'd grunt at her and speak nonsense and she'd come around the corner with his sippy cup. It was so cute.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I know nothing about having twins but had to say that the are gorgeous! Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't remember how much ahead she usually is, but Dd was always ahead of Ds and still is to this day with everything except gross motor skills.

However, Ds is ahead education-wise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in