Intros - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Once upon a time...
Hard-Core Sybermom

Intros

Let's get this show on the road! Tell us about you and your multiples!

I'll start: I have b/g twins, who will be 5 on Tuesday and verah ready for kindergarten. They would go tomorrow if it were possible. We're in the midst of getting paperwork together, physicals, and all that jazz.

DS is all boy - loves trains, cars, computers and teasing his sisters. DD is a "girly" girl who loves to climb trees and dress up. They're both very loving and affectionate kids, and I adore them completely.

Who's next?

"I feel very Shane today......"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'll go.

I have 17 month old id girls. I'm having a good time with them and can't believe they are mine. They were full-term and have enjoyed good health except for some mild hearing loss. One of my girls is going in for ear tube surgery on Thursday.

They get along well, except for today. DD#2 kept snagging DD#1 graham crackers out of her hands on our walk to the park...three times in a row.
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 05:23 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge I have 2 yo frat b/b twins.

They were born at 37w5d at 7 lb 11 oz and 8lb. Totally healthy. They breastfed until about 2 weeks ago.

Turner has an autistic spectrum disorder and has speech and physical therapy. Tyler is just your average 2 yr old.
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 05:59 AM
nvangel2073
Ambulance Chaser

I'm not a parent of twins but I've been taking care of a set twins girls since they were 6 weeks old. they are now 4 1/2 years old. I don't know if I belong here or not.
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We have two year old identical twin girls. They were born at 34.5 weeks weighing 4lbs12oz and 4lbs3oz. They have also enjoyed two years of very good health.

Brooke is my little analytical girly girl, and Chloe is my sweet little "except everything like it is girl". She is very easy-going, while Brooke is a little high-strung like her mother.

I can't imagine my life without them.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 06:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Sloth
We have 16 mo b/g twins. They are 34 weekers, born at 4 lbs 3oz and 4lbs 1oz, and spent about a week in the NICU.

Now they are just starting to run and talking more everyday. They are a blast!

(But the first year or so was very, very trying.)
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have b/g 2 yr old twins. Does it ever get better?? LOL Click here to enlarge They cooked for 37 weeks. Garrett was 7lbs 11oz Click here to enlarge and Shelby 4lbs 7oz. Garrett is still the big one weighing in at 42 lbs and last I checked 37". Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Once upon a time...
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by hoochiemomof3
I have b/g 2 yr old twins. Does it ever get better?? LOL Click here to enlarge
It does definitely get better! Potty training was a gift, IMO. Once that happened with mine, I felt like I enjoyed the kids more because they weren't quite so labor-intensive. Getting out of the 2s was a huge help, too.

post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Does it ever get better?
I just think back on the first four months or so. *That* was brutal.

Yeah, it gets better.
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Once upon a time...
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by nvangel2073
I'm not a parent of twins but I've been taking care of a set twins girls since they were 6 weeks old. they are now 4 1/2 years old. I don't know if I belong here or not.
Works for me! Click here to enlarge

post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I know it's better now than it was the first 6 weeks. I hardly remember that time since I was so sleep deprived. Now they fight alot and make me sleep deprived when sick Click here to enlarge I will be so glad when they are out of diapers though!!
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi, I have 7 month old frat g/g twins. They were born at 30 weeks, after 6 weeks of bedrest for an incompetent cervix and a week and a half of ruptured membranes. They weighed 2 lbs 8 oz and 2 lbs 14 oz when born, and now weigh 13 lbs even (at least they did about 2 weeks ago).
Other than two cases of the sniffles this winter, they are perfectly healthy. Even during the month they spent in the NICU, they were as healthy as could be. Ellie was breathing on her own from the start, and Emma only need a ventilator for less than 24 hours. After that, it was just let them grow on mommy's good milk!
Unfortunatly, I was only able to keep them completly bf for three months. We had lots of trouble with nipple confusion, etc, and I only had a few months of decent nursing from Ellie and ok nursing from Emma. Now, they are primarily ff with me still pumping 4 times a day to get them some breastmilk. But the pump goes back in a month and we'll be done with the pumping then. Click here to enlarge
But, most days, I love being the mommy of twins. They are so beautiful that sometimes I can't believe they are mine. Everyday with them seems to get easier and easier. But I must say, I don't think I would wish those first few months of having them home on anyone! The only way that could not be stressful would be if someone had fulltime live in help! Thank god that's over!

Amanda
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
I don't think I would wish those first few months of having them home on anyone!
Do you know that excessive sleep deprivation is a form of torture that is in violation of the Geneva Convention?
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Once upon a time...
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by DebauchedSloth
Do you know that excessive sleep deprivation is a form of torture that is in violation of the Geneva Convention?
Good to know!

post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Sniffy
Ambulance Chaser

I am a single mom to identicle b/b twins, they will be four in July. They were born at 31 weeks, and were just over 3 & 4 pounds. I never managed to bf, but I pumped exclusively for almost 14 months. I was finishing up my degree at that time and pumped in the oddest places! Click here to enlarge Now I am working full time as an archaeologist and find I am tired all the freaking time! Click here to enlarge The boys are a dream, easy going and very happy although they are so competative with toys lately!!
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Sniffy
Ambulance Chaser

Oh, and my husband was around for the first 18 months or I don't think I could have survived!!
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have almost 4 year old most-likely identical girls.

They were born at 30 weeks due to severe pre-ecplampsia, and had just begun having twin-twin transfusion. 3lbs 1/2oz & 2lbs 11oz. They spent 7 weeks in the NICU and came home on monitors. We dealt with all of the respiratory stuff, feeding troubles, ROP, reflux, and other stuff I am too tired to remember right now.

You'd never know it now, they are healthy, funny little girls, who get along like sisters normally do-best friends one minute, bitter enemies the next Click here to enlarge

That first year was definitely the hardest-so far anyhow-I'm not making judgements till we're out of the teenage years.

post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yup_n_Nope
ALOOOOOOHA!

We have 2.5 yo id twin girls. They were born at 38w 5d by scheduled c-section. I had a very easy pregnancy! I was willing to go another week or two but when they said c-section, and dh wasn't going to be able to come anyway, I said... today or tomorrow! Click here to enlarge

Anyway, DH was away at tech school for the USAF in Mississippi. The girls and I were at my mom's in NJ. My mom worked full-time while I was there. I had help during the day from my 85 yo grandmother for the first 2 weeks. The third week, my MIL came to help during the day. After that, I was on my own. My mom would help when she got home from work and most feedings through the night. They started sleeping through around 10-12 weeks. YAY!

DH finally met them at 7 weeks the end of September. My mom and I flew down to Mississippi for a long weekend. The next time he saw them was Thanksgiving for another long weekend. He came North for leave. Finally on December 15th we met him at the Philadelphia Int'l Airport and stayed the night. Our first as a family together besides those 4 day stints! We left that morning to visit his parents in NC. When we returned on the 18th, we started the ball rolling on our move to Hawai'i. We had to report here by January 2. He had to go back to Mississippi to start his trip from there. I flew out of Phila Int'l by myself with the girls at 4.5 months. We met him at the Atlanta Airport. We flew to LA and then to Hawai'i. After almost 24 hours of traveling, we arrived in Hawai'i. Click here to enlarge

That's the beginning. heh
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 11:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by DebauchedSloth
Well, I was tortured! Seriously, there were mornings when I would cry after dh left for work because I didn't know how I was going to get through the day. I should have asked my mom to come stay for a while. When I hit my breaking point and did ask her, she was sick and couldn't come up for like three weeks! It was around this time that we started giving the formula because it was coming down to do I pump or eat, sleep, take a shower, or hold my kids. Pumping was taking way to much time.

Amanda
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2003, 12:20 PM
My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my personality.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinklestars
I am the proud Mommy of 2 1/2 yo girls. They are so not identical! They are sweet and fiesty!

I am not one of those who believe - broadly speaking - that women are better than men. We have not wrecked railroads, nor corrupted legislatures, nor done many unholy things that men have done; but then we must remember that we have not had the chance.- Jane Addams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in