just needing simple help - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

just needing simple help

I passed my 28w goal and will pass the big 32 week goal tomorrow.
I am exhausted, huge... cranky. nothings ready.

we have the room, paint (course not on the walls) cribs, swings, bouncies etc but I still feel like I am missing things.

I know twins actually use the boppys. I still need to get some of those. I found a monitor online that I can watch the babies from my iphone or computer no matter where I am. Thats coming soon too. does insurance cover a nursing pump? im going to give my best effort at BF, but I have a feeling ill be exclusively pumping.

a snap n go. Did you actually use yours?
did your babies sleep in the same bed at first?
mine are measuring within an ounce of each other, so size wise they are fantastic.
what else is a must have?

ty in advance, I can only google so much and real twin moms are more reliable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't think boppies are a must. They work for some people, not for others.

Insurance should cover a breast pump. If you can, hire a post partum doula. She will help you get bfing going. If you can bf, do it. It's easier than pumping. Been there, done that. It's hard work. If you can't hire a PP doula, call your local La Leche League and see if someone will come and help you with bfing once you get home.

Other than that, the thing you need most, imo, is help. Lots and lots of help. And food. Get someone to stock up the freezer for you. Get someone to come and do laundry after the babies are born. Really, stuff is good, but what I needed wasn't stuff, it was help.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I used a double snap and go and then a side by side stroller ( by girls hated not sitting side by side ) I had both chicco and combi strollers and loved them

I used 2 boppies a lot.

My girls were born at 35 weeks and came home 3 days later at 6 & 6.5 pounds and still ore preemie clothes for well over a month b/c they were just petite.

Mine slept together in a crib in our room for 3 months and then separate cribs, same room until 18 months. Then they decided they had to sleep together. They are almost 6 and still sleep together in 1 bed.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

just needing simple help

I don't know what a snap and go is. : paranoia I'm guessing it's the stroller that unfolds and snaps into place? We had stroller clips to snap to umbrella strollers together but I mostly used our Graco double stroller where the seats could lay back and had room for diape bags and stuff.

Definitely used boppies and bouncy/sling chairs were invaluable, as well as swings. I could see the bimbo chairs being very nice for feedings once they are on solid foods.

My girls did not like sleeping together, we tried them in the same bassinet but they grunted and fussed and didn't like it Click here to enlarge I wonder if being in separate beds in the NICU contributed. We put them in their separate cribs not long after we brought them home.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I never used the boppies either. Mine slept together for first couple months. DD snored so loud we had to separate them, otherwise they would have been together longer. Help, help, help. And meals prepared if you have someone that will do that for you. I didn't have those things and it was a freaking nightmare!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

Never came back to say thank you.

Thank you!

Babies hit 11 weeks yesterday and are fantastic. They were born a tad early, just shy of 36 weeks. The bigger one was in the nicu for a few days he had inhaled some fluid and was on fluids... he just started real food a couple days late.

they were actually released before I was... they were doing great.

In case anyone ever uses this thread... I had two bassinets, one swing (so far) and an arsenal of bouncy chairs, and mini swings. I try to put them in their bed when they sleep. I moved them to separate cribs last week.. theyre doing great in there at night. Lil girl actually slept 10-7 last night. He slept 10-4:30.. Ill take it. Some nights theyre on same schedule, some theyre just off by an hour but that leaves for sleepless nights for mom.

Shes rather easy, laid back... low maintenance. Him on the other hand, nothing satisfies him. He seems to always be fussin, squirmin. He does have reflux and I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Just thought I would update really quick while I had a quiet moment.

Thanks again for all your answers, they were very much appreciated.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Glad they are doing good!!

I loved seeing pics and stuff on your facebook but apparently you deleted me Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

didnt delete anyone Click here to enlargebear... just deactivated facebook. Life was getting crazy and it was a huge distraction.

Ill be back when things slow down.

Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Good for you for knowing when to get off of FB for awhile. Some people have no idea....LOL
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 10:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

That's the good idea.

Tags
medicaiddon'tcoverpumps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in