Breastfeeding helps - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Breastfeeding helps

Breastfeeding even under the best of circumstances can present challenges, as both mother and baby are learning what to do. Yet, breastfeeding is well worth the effort it takes to overcome hurdles you encounter. Your baby receives important nutritional, immunological, and developmental benefits, and both of you get to enjoy the special closeness of a nursing mother and baby. Here are some common breastfeeding problems mothers experience, and the solutions our personal and professional experience has taught us.

How can I get my baby to latch on properly?

In our experience, the most common breastfeeding obstacle is improper latch-on. A baby who does not take the breast correctly will not get as much milk and will probably give his mother sore nipples. Here's what we tell mothers:

First, position yourself correctly. Milk flows better from a relaxed mother, and it's easier to breastfeed your baby if your arms, back, and shoulders are well-supported. Prepare a nursing station in your favorite room with a comfortable chair, plenty of pillows for support, and peace and quiet or soothing music. After you've prepared your body to breastfeed, prepare your mind. Take a few relaxing breaths and imagine your nourishing milk flowing from your breasts into your baby. Help your infant to relax, too. If she's crying, rock and sing to her until she quiets down. If she's sleepy, gently bring her body into a sitting position while saying her name. Babies latch on best when they are in a quiet, yet alert, state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 04:52 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks for this informational post. It's really nice. Many women face problems with this. They complain that their babies don't drink their milk. I think they should be taught this. It would be beneficial for them. And it'll be good for their babies too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks for sharing this post. You are very right. My cousin had some issues while breastfeeding her baby. She tried several times. But all in vain. Her baby did not take her milk. So she had to continue with the powder milk.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks for sharing the information. It is going to be helpful to many new mommies. It is right what you have said. A proper place, with a soothing environment, will be comfortable for both, the baby and the mom. I would recommend all those who are breastfeeding their child to go through this post. Hope to hear more good from you. Much love to you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

What an informative post. I am glad I read it. My sister is going to be a mommy soon. I am going to share this with her. She was already too worried about the process. I am sure this will help her. Thanks for uploading this piece of information.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in