Time shares.... child care style - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yup_n_Nope
Time shares.... child care style

Does anyone here have a friend that they swap child care with?

I do with 3under2. It gets busy but it is fun. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

4 kids at once around the same age? Click here to enlarge No no, that would scare me, I have enough fun with my two. Click here to enlarge

It would be nice though to have someone to do a playdate type thing with.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yup_n_Nope
Juni!

You don't know what you're missing! While it is a bit stressful on your morning to have the kiddos... when it is your morning off... it is bliss! Think of all you can get done! (or not!!!!!)

It's also great for the kids.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I need to find a family to share with . My SIL does this with 4 other couples for Saturday nights. Each couple gets one Sat. date night a month. It works for them. I'd have to really trust the other family. My kids are a bit on the intense side and quite a bit for people who don't love them to deal with.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 08:19 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Sorry..I was lurkingClick here to enlarge but I do do this with a friend. She has 4 kids and I have 3. Whenever we have doc appt or want to get our hair done or need a morning off we swap. It is nice. Although she owes me more than I do her right now Click here to enlarge. When I have them all the ages are....6 3/4, 6, 3 3/4, 3 1/2, 2, 21 months, 7weeks. WHEW....and I get NOTHING doneClick here to enlarge!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by somrluvin
Sorry..I was lurkingClick here to enlarge but I do do this with a friend. She has 4 kids and I have 3. Whenever we have doc appt or want to get our hair done or need a morning off we swap. It is nice. Although she owes me more than I do her right now Click here to enlarge. When I have them all the ages are....6 3/4, 6, 3 3/4, 3 1/2, 2, 21 months, 7weeks. WHEW....and I get NOTHING doneClick here to enlarge!
Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge That is friggin impressive! I honestly don't think I could ever do it. I'm just not that good with kids that aren't mine. I never was a kid person growing up and small children just kinda scare me, I always feel dumb around 'em.

My hats off to all you guys who do that.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2003, 09:24 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I do this from time to time with my friend across the street-who is also married to my cousin. Click here to enlarge

I have my four, who are 4, 4, almost 3, and 9 mos. and she has 3, who are 11-i think Click here to enlarge, 5, and 1.

It works out well for us, especially since we are right across the street from each other-no loading into cars. Click here to enlarge

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dh and I have though about asking some of the multiples parents we know if they would like to do this, but all but one couple has pretty different parenting ideas from us. The biggest thing now is they are all spankers. And the one couple that's not live way the hell on the other side of town, so it would be pretty inconvient to do this with them. We primarily get our breaks when we visit my family. My mom or sil will babysit for us.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh, btw, Sumerluvin, Click here to enlarge Wow, I could not handle that many kids by myself. Well, I don't think I could. I would need a good stiff drink when the ones that weren't mine left!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I wish I did! Maybe once we get our own place I'll find someone to do baby sitting swaping with twice a month.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-22-2003, 09:48 PM
mab
What kind of clothes do you suppose would be worn by a man with a mole on his nose?
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sommer, holy shit!

I do it 2x/week, Fridays and Mondays, each with a mom who also has a 3yo girl. I was doing just once a week, but having that time only every other Friday wasn't really enough.

Find me on facebook - KHW.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge they are all really good when I have them...it is nice if it is nice outside so I can take them out. They all play really well together. You should see us if we go out together...it is like taking a daycare out for an outing! We pray for good behavior on those daysClick here to enlarge!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2003, 11:50 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in