Bath Time - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Multiples! (and we don't mean orgasms) Are you reproductively efficient? Were your children womb-mates? Does your family keep a diaper company in business? Join other moms and dads of syber-litters, overpopulating the world one pregnancy at a time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Bath Time

When (by yourself) did you start giving your kids baths together? So far I still do there's seperately because I don't want to risk drowning or injury if I'm taking care of the other.

So at what age did you put them together? And this is for you being the only one bathing them....I've done them together once when my mom gave them the bath with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We started bathing ours together at around 5 months, and I was bathing them by myself. Most of the time, it's still just one of us giving baths while the other does something else. We've never had any problems. We just insist that they don't stand up, and we don't let them push each other.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I did a lot of sponge baths with a tub of water on the floor before the girls were one. Then I used the bath seats and bathed them together. The bath seats were great for my girls, except they are not allowed to stand up in the tub, and we used lots of toys. I'd say I started bathing them together somewhere around 10 months, but my memory could be faulty. Click here to enlarge

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 12:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think they were about 8 or nine months before we risked one grown up, two babies at bathtime. A few times before that the boys were in the tub together, but both dh and I were there with them. They are 3.5 now, and love taking a bath together, but we have to enforce no standing, no jumping, no trying to down your brother rules.

Brina
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:40 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yup_n_Nope
We've been bathing them together since about 6 months. They were in bathing rings at first. Since about 1 year, they've been in the tub with the toys.

DH bathes them by himself most of the time. Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think we started bathing them together when they were between 1 and 1 1/2 years old. (Before that, we used one of those inflatable tubs in the regular tub.)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 01:49 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I bathed them in the kitchen sink, one at a time, until they were almost two. They were almost too big to fit anymore, and I decided to bite the bullet and put them in the tub together. It was very hard at first (I thought) but after we got our routine down it is much easier.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in