Got thrush? - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Bliss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Cosmo
can we sticky this Click here to enlarge
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

This is a great thread.

Thrush sucks so bad.

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Just bought myself some GV. Hope it works.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

:bump
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

One more recommendation: Primal Defense Tea.

This is especially useful for moms that battle chronic thrush and chronic mastitis. It is one of few treatments that will attack both at once.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Mel
Hard-Core Sybermom

bump Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am so glad to see this permanent thread about thrush. Perviously, thrush had not been taken seriously by the medical profession. I am glad to see that changing, and woman finding the info. and demanding better care. Of course the internet is a great help.
I had my son 12 years ago, and we battled thrush, and looked for proper treatment for months and months. Few health care providers knew much about thrush, were very dismissive, and others didn't even believe mothers could get it on their breasts.
I myself and just graduted nursing school, but had trouble finding information.
I was told to try my "breathing techniques". I was told this by la leche who was nothing short of useless to me. I am glad to see they are offering more information and support on the issue. The leader of the meeting I went to told me I was probably experiencing "let down" pain, stating that thrush doesn't usually show up that early. I asked if perhaps it often showed up within the first 2 weeks often, and mothers, unable to find proper information and support, stopped nursing. She was like "Hmmmmmmm....?" as she rubbed her chin. I am glad to see that the organization has more accurate information now.

I wanted to breast feed more than anyone could imagine. I was “blessed” with large breasts, and put off a very much wanted breast reduction surgery for this very reason. I went from MD to MD, Ped. To Ped., looking for help. One even told me to use alcohol on my nipples "I always tell me male patients, with jock itch, to use alcohol, and it clears it right up"
Shortly after this I gave up. I couldn’t bond with my child, was dreading every feeding, and suffering through excruciating pain through each and every feeding.
I found myself at the supermarket at 3am, crying as I tried to choose a formula for my child. I felt like a total failure, and that I was not going to be able to provide what i though was the best beginning for him.
When I returned home, I was only more devastated when my baby gulped down the bottle as if he had never eaten before, then threw it all up from eating so fast out of desparation. Poor little guy!
Within a day or two, after "resorting" to formula, getting a rest, a chance to breath, research without duress, a moment to breath, and satisfying my child’s hunger, I found a fantastic LC, without whom I never would have returned to breastfeeding. I did return to nursing. I supplemented for a while, then was able to move to breastfeeding exclusively. I had her support, and advocacy, but still battled for accurate treatment from providers. It ended up taking 6 long months to get the thrush under control.
At 13 months, my son had to be on an antibiotic. The thrush returned with a vengence, and that was the end of breastfeeding for good. This time he had a diaper rash (which he never had before) and I couldn't find someone to treat him systemically. I used the nystantin, and gave him acidopholis orally, and quit breastfeeding. I wanted to breastfeed indefinately, but had had more than my fill of the thrush problems. I was unhappy about it, I cannot tell you how grateful I was to have given him 13 months.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in