Why are people so ignorant? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Redheaded Momma Send a message via Yahoo to Redheaded Momma
Why are people so ignorant?

We were at the ENT office yesterday and ds was wayyy fussy. They were backed up and really behind. Beyond that he kept asking for boppies. Well I used to nip, but he's now 18 months old and very distractable. I asked at the desk how far behind he was. It was already over 1/2 hour after our scheduled time. They said he still had 2 more patients to be called back before us. I then asked if she might have a room that I could nurse him in. She gave me a nasty look and said "no I have people back here charting. Why dont' you go to the bathroom?" I just let her have it. I told her it was disgusting and did she want her dinner on the toilet? She looked shocked. Click here to enlarge
We rescheduled his appointment at that point. I was too pussed off. If the whole waiting room wasn't full of people I would have nursed him there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Bliss
I would have told her off, too, but I also probably would have just nursed there anyway. I'm surprised they didn't have a break room or empty exam room or something that they could let you use. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good for you, that sucks she was so rude!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:03 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Wow,RHM. That stinks.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 12:21 PM
annettemarie
Ambulance Chaser

That really sucks. It always amazes me when people in the health field are so ignorant about breastfeeding.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Rude I agree. Click here to enlarge I would have done it on her reception desk. he he he...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2005, 05:26 PM
MIZ
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

That happened to me at a BREAST SURGEONS office, I was seeing him for a milk blister 2 years ago. I knew he was not the dr. for me when he told me that my DD having (four) teeth (at 7 or 8 mos) was nature's way of telling me that it was time to wean.Click here to enlarge OK, I'll hand her some steak now that she has 4 teeth.Click here to enlarge I found another surgeon, a woman, who helped me tremendously.

Anyway... they did manage to clear a room for me, after making my baby wait almost a 1/2 hour. I would have done it in the waiting room, but it was soooooooo tiny and filled with all these old people just staring at me and my baby.Click here to enlarge

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Bitch. People are just so close-minded it is amazing.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 06:44 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would let the doc know next time you visit how you were treated or you could write him a note about the lack of understanding of his office staff. I used to work in a doctors office and most, but not all have some sort of a room you can use or even the docs office room itself. Most docs that own their own practice (rather than a corporation owning it) want to make their consumers happy and she was just a bitch in her treatment of you.

If nothing else I would think she would want to get a screaming child calmed down or away from the rest of the patients so they weren't bothered either.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would have squirted milk at her. Click here to enlarge

No seriously...that sucks. It's weird with Claire I NIP at the drop of a dime, with Mason...not so much. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in