You know the drill. Check in! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

You know the drill. Check in!

We haven't done this in a while. Just had a baby? Recently posted with a problem? Met a milestone? Are you still nursing at all? If so, then please check in! Inquiring (nosey) minds want to know. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge :ddd

World Breastfeeding Week is August 1-7! Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Not much new going on. I can't believe my baby is almost 7 months old. It just doesn't seem possible. It's funny to think back the extreme worry I had over her latch problems in the beginning and the worry my doc caused over her slow weight gain. Especially when I look back at pictures and see how she's been a chunky monkey from day 1. She's starting to go longer stretches between feeds and actually went 3.5 hours while we were out last week. I wish she wouldn't resist other forms of receiving milk so much though, that coupled with her separation anxiety make it very hard to do anything without her - like get a haircut. Click here to enlarge
All in all everything is going very smoothly still. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ds is turning 2 next month and we're doing great. We cosleep and he mainly nurses at night, and during naptimes on the weekends. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ds is 9 months and we are still going strong!! Click here to enlarge

He just got his first two teeth within days of eachother. I've been bit a few times but nothing too bad. We've had a few nights of sleeping thru but I rarely wake up for feedings anyway. He doesn't seem to want to nurse a whole lot if we are out and about but he sure makes up for it when we are home. Click here to enlarge Haven't done too many solids because I think he may have a dairy allergy or may be lactose intolerant. Green beans and peas area big hit as are bananas and applesauce. Oh and those Graham cracker sticks. He LOVES those.

Everything is going smoothly. And I am proud to have made it to 9 months!
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

Just hit six months here.

Thrush finally gone Click here to enlarge

Got 1st tooth an Sunday will probably have the second by the end of the week. So far it hasn't bothered me (while nursing...getting the tooth bothered her and meClick here to enlarge)

nak

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

And while I was typing that she had a poop explosion that ran out of her diaper, down my leg and pooled on the chair we we tucked into for her morning nursing session Click here to enlarge

I love scrubbing furniture at 7:45 in the AM. Click here to enlarge

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge 18 months on Thursday and still going strong. Sometimes a little too strong for my taste, but such is life. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Tigo
Ds is 10 weeks old and everything is going great. He is the easiest baby ever. Brsides waking up long enough to latch on, he has always slept through the night. Pumping at work is going fine and he is doing great with a bottle for dh. Life is good. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sorry, Dog!

We're still doing fine, nursing in the morning, before naps and bed and if she wakes during the night. She turned 2 in June. I'm 5 weeks pregnant now, so I'm waiting to see what she does when and if my supply starts to dry up. I wasn't experiencing any discomfort until yesterday when I noticed some nipple soreness when she was nursing, so we'll see how that goes.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Location: trying to claw my way out of this ridiculous fucking obsession

Send a message via Yahoo to Julie Ruin
Quinn is 3 months already. Click here to enlarge He's nursing really well--has put on over 6 lbs since birth. Click here to enlarge I've had a couple plugged ducts/mild cases of mastitis, but both were when i totally overdid it and i'm not trying to be superwoman anymore. Click here to enlarge

Liam is 3 and is still nursing 1x a day, in the mornings. I have been thinking about weaning him recently, but am not sure how to go about it. He is still very attached to nursing and I am not sure he's ready...I don't know.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to troubled
9 months and still going strong!

There is no way that cute thing poops like that. Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

DS will be 6 months old on Sunday. Click here to enlarge Nursing like a champ, day and night (too much at night Click here to enlarge). We're starting to fool around with solids a bit and he's enjoying that a lot.

Carry me home down The Highway of Heroes.
People above with their flags flying low.
Carry me softly, down The Highway of Heroes.
True Patriot Love,
There was never more.

Watch it

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

This, almost exactly, with the exception that Ryan will be two in 2 months.

He now uses the word "nurse" when he wants to nurse instead of making that weird sound.
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Cosmo
2 days shy of 15 months here and he is still nursing a lot. Click here to enlarge
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

3 months old. He nurses very well at night. Eats then sleeps. We're still trying to get daytime down. Click here to enlarge

Started my stash for when I go back to work at the end of August. DH is already grumbling about moving stuff around in the freezer.

aka Jaws is 9!

aka ponytails is 11!

aka princess is 14
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh, another thing. I thought this was cute. Ds now calls nursing "Click here to enlarge water". Click here to enlarge He calls every beverage "water".
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Talking

20 months today!, and still doing good. Some days it is only a few times other days its every few hours. Still nurses at night about 3 days a week. I am still pumping and sending over 4-6oz of momma milk for her to drink at daycare. She is a peanut, but so is my older daughter, and I am VERY SMALL! The dentist told me to stop nursing, my older daughter has had problems with cavities, and he said it is from nursing. WTF ever!

Hoping to go until at least 24 months!
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

2.5 weeks old. Things are going well, for being very new at it and dealing with thrush. I'm not sure how long I hope to make it, we'll see how I'm doing with pumping and working (I go back at 12 weeks).
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

10 months, 4 teeth and still going! I can't believe it Click here to enlarge

Now that she is getting a little bit bigger, she isn't as comfortable curling up on her side to nurse, so she kind of flips onto her tummy until she is nursing face down. There she proceeds to mash her face into my boob and jam her little feet against my legs as hard as she can. Kind of annoying until she stops for air, pushes up on her hands and gives me a big grin. Click here to enlarge
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

6 months and 1 week today! I am so proud of my Landon. He is about 20lbs now and hasn't had solids yet. He sure likes his milk! Not too shabby for a baby who couldn't suck for the first few months of life!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in