23 weeks pregnant w/ twins - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

23 weeks pregnant w/ twins

I cant believe it has been so long already, but tomorrow I will be 23 weeks pregnant with my twin boys. Things are really changing in my life. Yesterday we purchased a nice new/used van, and we will soon have to sit dwn and decide where we will live, as I will be a SAHM and money will be a bit tighter.

The babys are nice and big, and moving like crazy. At my 19 week appointment Baby A was measuring 18 1/2 weeks, while Baby B was almost at 20 weeks. Hes going to be a big boy.

Im trying to set myself up mentally for breastfeeding twins. I have a 2 year old toddler, and will be having a c-section, so I know things will be tough. I have it in my mind to suceed, lets hope everything goes well.

Words of encouragement or some stories would be nice Click here to enlarge I know Ive only posted a few times but I know you ladies are awsome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have never breastfed twins but info wise here are some good links to useful info

http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBmultiples.html
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

This forum is for support of breast fed twins.
http://www.twinshock.net/forums/milk-bar/
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I breastfed twins. They are 9 now and they nursed over 4 years. I also had a 2 yo when they were born, mine are boys as well. I won't kid you though, breastfeeding twins is hard even if things go well. But if you end up with problems, which is very common, it's really, really hard. Just be prepared for a challenge. I really wasn't, I figured 2 babies 2 boobs, what's the problem? And I know some people who just nursed lots and lots but didn't have any latching or supply problems. I think it's largely related to how long the pregnancy goes. Mine was 37.2 weeks and one twin nursed pefectly and the other had a weak latch. It was 11 weeks of supplementing and pumping until we finally were 100% breastfeeding. I really wished that someone would have forwarned me so I'd have been prepared. It was sooooo worth it in the end though.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more.

Jenny

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in