Oh by the way - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh by the way

I posted about asking how you guys all nursed past 2-3 weeks alsmot a month ago. Well I have nursed for a month now. I know ,I know that's not a big deal but honest to dog I did NOT think I would make it past 2 weeks. I was in such pain and SO not enjoying it but now it's almost second nature. No pain and he can pop right on and off oh and he was 7lbs 14oz and an appt yesterday he was 10 and a half lbs so he is growing great. ( I felt for some stupid reason I couldnt sustain him on boob juice alone)

So yeah there it is. Thank you all for your advice and support. I dont have much irl. Dh hasn't said much but I dont get any words of encouragement when it comes to bf. He freaks out when I nip. Click here to enlarge H's always standing in front of me or draping a blanket over us. But I think he's coming around. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge that is awesome! congratulations!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Juniper
Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge I am so happy for you!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Noodle
It's amazing how hard it is at first, but how quickly it turns into such a natural thing.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thats great!! Good for you! I have to say that those first 10 days of breastfeeding were just about the most miserable experience of my life. Now I just love it.

Click here to enlarge toe
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Glad you are doing better! I originally only planned on the first couple weeks, then I kept adding more time to my goals. I NEVER thought I would still be breastfeeding at 8 months old though lol! Now I want to make it to a year. Granted, he has formula at the sitters four days a week, but still, the majority is boob juice Click here to enlarge And I had conversations with a couple of other gals who asked me questions and they both tried breastfeeding, whereas before they wouldn't (no LLL here, or much of any information available at all in this damn town!)

I haven't had much/any support either. SO goes along with it, and has no problem with NIP but he didn't want me to bf originally either. Now he sees the $$$ aspect and is glad we do this! My mom has finally quit harassing me to quit, she has since he was 2 months old (actually, she tried to discourage me because she always dried up by 3 months, and then had to fight to get us to take bottles, etc...any reason she could before he was born to get me NOT to bf!) it sucks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to sophrosune Send a message via Yahoo to sophrosune
that's great! Click here to enlarge

I was totally in the same boat 2 weeks in. I was thinking just today, damn, I'm really glad I'm on the other side of that because this is so much easier than making bottles all the time!!!

(and it's a total joy to see all the cellulite transferring from my thighs to hers. It definitely looks a lot cuter on her Click here to enlarge )
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Congrats!! I remember going through the same thing for the first few weeks... you know, the toecurling pain... the frustrating nonlatching sessions...

But it really does become second nature Click here to enlarge Congrats!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in