My boobies hurt...! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

My boobies hurt...!

I hate the end of the (school) day. By this time I always look like I'm about to topple over. I have to go from 6am to 5pm without pumping or anything, so by this time of day my boobs are killing me!

Universities need to become breastfeeding friendly and just more parent friendly to begin with. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Eek, there is no way I could do that. Can't you pump in the car or something? Need a hand pump? or a battery pack for a pump?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
I don't know how you do it, doesn't that mess up your supply?

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

No way I could go that long. About 5 hours is my max (except overnight) and by then my nipples feel pinchy and I just feel generally unwell.

I think going 10 hours without nursing/pumping will mess up your supply. Even if you have to "pump N dump" a little with a handpump each day, I'm sure it will provide some relief.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have amazing mammeries Click here to enlarge When I first went back to school ds was 4 months and my supply dipped a little bit but not too bad. It's only 2 days a week, so I think that's why it doesn't mess with it.

There really isn't anyplace or anyway I can pump at school. I have a manual that I used after classes, but even then that's 3:15. I'm parked a 10 min walk away from my classes most days, and I only have 15 minute breaks. Meh it sucks, but thankfully I haven't had any issues and I graduate in May Click here to enlarge

It just sucks because I've been engorged in class since 2006 Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Melody
i'd die and be sneaking off to the bathroom w/a hand pump during breaks. i can go about 5 hours, but by then, i'm dying. glad it doesn't hurt your supply.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would go to the Dean's Office and find someone that would give up their office for you.

I used to work at a university and I had two different students that used my office to pump. I would find something to do during that time. I bet you anything that there is someone that would be willing to do that for you.

I don't know how you do it. I can only pump once while I am at work since I have 15 8 year olds with me the rest of the day. I pump at 11 and by 3:30 I am dying.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I wish I had thought of that a few years ago, or even this fall when Luke was only 4 months old. It was really hard when he was younger, but now that he's almost a year old it's not so difficult. It just gets a little painful by 3:30 Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't get full like that anymore at school . On M and F I go 9-3 without pumping. Yesterday I was gone from 7am to 6pm and pumped once. I don't ever have issues actually nursing him once home though as far as supply goes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in