Wish me luck! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Wish me luck!

I go back to work on Wednesday. So far, nursing is going really well with DS. With DD, we were supplementing with formula at 2 weeks. DS is 8 weeks and has had only breastmilk.

At birth, DS was 7 lbs. 5 oz. He dropped to 6 lbs. 12 oz. before we went home from the hospital. Two days later, he was up to 7 lbs 0.5 oz. By one month, he was up to 9 lbs. 3.5 oz. We go on Friday for his two month appointment, so I'm sure there will be more gain. Click here to enlarge

I'm really nervous about going back to work and making sure that he has enough milk at daycare and whether he will take the bottles. He has taken bottles at home, but never for a whole day. I'm going to send him with 5 3-4 oz. bottles and give my DCP 4 oz. to put in her freezer for an emergency stash - that should be enough, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I would send in a little more than you think you'll need, just in case. Atleast for the for first few days until you have a better idea of how much he's going to go through in a day.

Click here to enlarge

4/7/08 6lbs 10.5oz 18in
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge Good luck to both of you. Click here to enlarge

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
How often does he eat now and how often long will he be at daycare? It sounds good to me, especially the extra freezer stash bottle. Good luck Lyerin, you can do it!! Just remember to drink plenty of water and don't skip any pumping sessions.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 04:25 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I hope your first day goes well. That sounds like plenty of milk. Good luck!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Good luck tomorrow! Click here to enlarge

4/7/08 6lbs 10.5oz 18in
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

This is so damn stressful! I have three bottles from my first three pumping sessions of just over 3 oz. each, but I know I'm not going to get a fourth. ARGH! I hate this shit.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Melody
i was just going to ask how it was going. i've found what i have to do to keep up w/M is to pump in the middle of the night and sometimes once in the evening while she nurses on the other side.

i hope things get better once you get into a routine. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Click here to enlarge Melody is right, you have to find your routine right now. Can you schedule the time in your calendar so you are not available for anything else? I thought about doing that because I really function according to what Outlook tells me to do Click here to enlarge. Hang in there and give it some time for you to adjust to first going back to work (so soon!) and getting into the groove with pumping.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-09-2009, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I pumped again last night to get enough to top up the four bottles for today (I sent him with five yesterday but he only ate 4).

Then last night he slept for almost EIGHT HOURS! Holy crap! Click here to enlarge He was only up once during the night so I was super full this AM when I pumped during my first session and I've already got two bottles for Monday (I'm staying home with him tomorrow and working from home) from one pumping session. I think I'm going to stick with 5 sessions a day if that works - 9:30, 11:30, 1:30, 3:30 and then again about an hour after he goes to bed.

I just hate how stressful it is. I think yesterday I didn't drink enough water, so today I'm overflowing with water. Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

And today I'm working at home because we have no daycare (good Friday). I already have all five bottles for Monday AND I was able to freeze 3.5 oz. last night. Click here to enlarge I'm really hoping we keep going like this.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh, good for you. I have no puming advice. Just kudos and Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

I was nervous when I first went back to work too. It sounds like you're going to do fine though. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in