Not a nursing strike... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
vomit Not a nursing strike...

but something for sure.

This poor baby has been teething for a month, it's really creepy too because I can see the shape of her teeth behind her gums, I'm not talking about the bumps at the edge of the gums but like behind the gums Click here to enlarge. Anyway, the last couple of days she's been miserable.

Yesterday she finished eating in the morning and I was looking at her and she just kind of had my nipple sitting in her mouth and she gave it a bite! I took it away, she was done anyway and that was it. Then later I went to feed her and she was almost gagging on it and refused to eat, then ate fine an hour later. Same thing tonight, refused, fell asleep, then woke up an hour later starving and ate.

I almost think she doesn't know what to do because she's in pain and chewing on everything. The time she refused it earlier this evening, when I first put the nipple in she kind of pulled back as if to bite and then remembered what it was and went to nurse and then just said, fuck it, I don't want anything Click here to enlarge.

I'm not worried about it at all, she's eating plenty and there is no way I'm letting any weaning happen right now, just wondered if this happened to you guys too.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I remember times like that with both of mine. I would do a little more sleep nursing because I would be so full. They would nurse fine when asleep.

Good luck.

YO!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

yep, same here, nurse better while still sleepy.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

That's been going on with Luke for awhile now. He will only nurse to sleep and in the middle of the night. It started when his teeth were coming in and he never got back into it. In the daytime, he'll crawl up to me, pull my shirt down, and bite me. He loves to bite.

Amelia still nurses constantly. She would nurse 24/7 if I let her. She wouldn't let a thing like teething get in her way.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Dude, PAP, Maya is telepathically communicating with Eleanor?? She bit me the same exact morning Click here to enlarge (it was our first bite)

Have you given her some Motrin? When the teething gets that bad and the teething tablets won't cut it, I'm generous with Motrin even though I hate medicating.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

He's gone through a few stages of biting. I did find it better when he was sleepy. The LC also suggested giving him a chew toy when he bit to explain "this is what you should bite, not Mommy".
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Has she gotten over this? B did it too; there were about 3 days where she just basically wouldn't nurse during the day (but made up for it at night.) It was definitely teething with her.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Megs it was our first bite too! Click here to enlarge

She will occasionally refuse the second boobie now, she'll eat okay on one side and just arch her back and start to cry if I try to give her the second side. So I just put her down and try again later. She is for the most part sleeping through the night with a few nights here and there where she wakes up several times to eat (like last night Click here to enlarge) so I just nurse her then and she loves using my boobie for a pacifier Click here to enlarge

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in