Bummer Dude - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Bummer Dude

I pumped once on Wednesday but was able to get two bottles. I got home from work and I was totally busy with errands I had to do and dinner and bedtime. On Thursday I worked from home and it was totally busy because DH took Harrison for one last summer play date so I was working and keeping the baby happy.

Thursday night I was putting my stuff together for Friday and looking in the fridge for my milk, I usually just bring my little Medela bag with the ice pack and the bottles home and throw it in the fridge until I have time to deal with it. Couldn't find it. Turned around and saw it sitting on my island. Since Wednesday afternoon. I totally had to dump those bottles!!!

Hey I know I'm pump weaning but it didn't make it any easier Click here to enlarge

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to terra
Click here to enlarge

That's really hard for me to imagine. I would be devastated. Crying and shaking. Click here to enlarge Over two pumping session over two days last week?, about an hour or so pumping, I got just over 2oz. Click here to enlarge My fat baby can totally get all he wants in 10 minutes of nursing. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 06:45 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Sorry, PAP. I remember so clearly the first time I knocked over a freshly pumped bottle of milk. I was so pissed!

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThereBeLips View Post
Sorry, PAP. I remember so clearly the first time I knocked over a freshly pumped bottle of milk. I was so pissed!
Oh, I remember when that happened to me. Full on tears. I had to work very hard for an ounce or two of milk. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

It was over 8 ounces! Click here to enlarge

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to terra
Click here to enlarge/Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would have been shaking and crying for sure. I have to work so hard, and I'm so freaked about not keeping up with him. I'm still trying to increase my supply after going away, and it is really hard.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 AM Thread Starter

Lyerin is he eating solid food yet? I found that once Maya started eating solid food, consistently and a lot of it, that I finally felt less stressed about making enough milk for her.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yeah, we started him about 5 months on solids (well, purees, but you know what I mean). I'm still stressed about making enough and making sure he has enough. Click here to enlarge He eats solids 3 x a day - usually about half a container of baby food in the morning, a full one at lunch and another full one (sometimes 1.5) at dinner.

I used to get three full bottles worth at work and sometimes even a start on a fourth. Then I would get one more bottles worth before bed (so four full bottles a day). He drinks four 4-oz. bottles a day pretty regularly. For the past week, I've been able to get only two and a half bottles at work plus another one at night, leaving me 1/2 a bottle short for the day. I send him with five bottles to make sure he has enough, so it's really not a huge deal, but it's frustrating. I'm taking fenugreek again, and today I got 1 oz. short of three bottles (so an improvement). Then he only consumed three bottles at daycare, so I'm only an ounce short of having all his bottles for tomorrow ready right now. Click here to enlarge

Also, I'm thinking of increasing his bottle size to 5 ounces because I think he would still drink the whole bottle, but to do that I'm going to have to up my output another 5 ounces a day. Click here to enlarge

I hate worrying about ounces and whether he'll have enough and is he getting enough fat and what if I'm STARVING HIS BRAIN BECAUSE HE'S NOT GETTING ENOUGH FATTY BREASTMILK AND WHAT IF HIS GROWTH DROPS OFF THE CHARTS AND I AM A BAD MOTHER BECAUSE I DIDN'T FEED MY BABY ENOUGH. Click here to enlarge

I am maybe just a touch irrational about this. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
Click here to enlarge

That's really hard for me to imagine. I would be devastated. Crying and shaking. Click here to enlarge Over two pumping session over two days last week?, about an hour or so pumping, I got just over 2oz. Click here to enlarge My fat baby can totally get all he wants in 10 minutes of nursing. Click here to enlarge
I couldn't pump for shit this time either.

And PAP Click here to enlarge

I remember knocking some over when we were in the hospital and the twins were in the NICU. I wanted to die right then and there.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Lyerin, is he nursing at all or are you solely pumping?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in