Hello!! - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

nailfile Hello!!

Now that baby Brooke is here I'm sure I'll be in here a lot Click here to enlarge

So far she is nursing pretty good, I don't think she's getting that great of a latch though and not taking in enough of my breast. I'm working on it.

My milk came in today and she is more content with her feedings. I worry about over nursing her and making her puke. She's sleeping for 3-5 hours at a time and wakes up starving, not sure if I should wake her to nurse?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think you're supposed to wake them until they are back up to their birthweight? Not sure, though.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

With DS, I decided not to wake a sleeping baby, ever. Click here to enlarge I mean, they don't sleep all *that* much. Click here to enlarge As long as she's pooping and peeing, don't worry.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

At her appt. today she is gaining back her weight so I decided to not waking the sleeping baby Click here to enlarge

My milk is in and in full effect and the engorgement wasn't that bad this time around. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm glad things are going well, Sour Milk. I can't wait to see pics of her. Click here to enlarge

I didn't wake Owen, either. Click here to enlarge He was gaining well and was up to his birth weight when he was two days old, so I said screw it. Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

jollygood

I'd say depending on how much your baby weighed at birth and how well she is eating thoughout the rest of the day. if she's awake and active(as active as a newborn is!)at times throughout the dayand pees and poops plenty I'd say let her sleep. Why not? Thank God newborns know they have to eat! They are not going to sleep until they starve!!! Of course a premature baby or one with jaundice will need to be woke up to nurse. But if your baby is full term and healthy I'd say lucky girl enjoy the sleep. but don't get used to it. The minute you brag about it they'll start getting up evey half hour!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in