What type of 'feeder' are you? - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-14-2003, 01:56 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I whip it out Click here to enlarge If I am tired I will go get the keys for the nursing room at the mall and relax in their kick ass rocking chair though. Other then that DD has been nursed while walking about the mall, walking about Walmart, grocery shopping. If she needs to eat then she does. I always make sure I am wearing a shirt that makes NIP less obvious but I don't obsess over whether a bit of titty flesh is showing. In Walmart alone I hardly think a quick peek of my breast is going to be the worst thing a kid could see. The kids are the only people I worry about too, adults who have issues with NIP can feel free to share their concerns with me Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-15-2003, 04:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm pretty much a whipper outer too. I could care less if someone saw my boob. I've got pretty nice boobs Click here to enlarge (at least until I stop nursing and then they become this Click here to enlarge )

My big thing is that no one sees my side flab. Now that's just not something people should see!
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 06:12 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think half the city has seen my boobahs by now Click here to enlarge I try to be discreet, but I nursed when and where I pleased. I figure that there are lingerie ads in newspapers that show as much or more skin than I was likely to show, so who cares?
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:32 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Well, I've had to get accustomed to hangin it all out there, cause Gen is 9 mos, and likes to look aroudn when nursing, taking my boob with her. Click here to enlarge It is rather embarrassing to me, so I try not to do it unless I have to. I have big hooters too, so it is hard to nurse discreetly in the first place.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Hard-Core Sybermom

I try to be discreet about it, but I don't run for the car or anything. I have found tucking a blanket around the baby works better than draping. No one can see unless they look over my shoulderm and then, well I guees they deserve it.Click here to enlarge

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: "Hello. Can't work today, still queer." ~Robin Tyler
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

At home, I pretty much whip it out, but in public or in someone else's house I am much more discreet - I don't go skulking in dark corners, but do try to find some place quiet.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
for some reason it just seems that if my nipple isn't showing then noone will be offended!
I agree. Boob flesh is OK, and I'll show the world that all day long, but I try not to show anything else. Rosie is sometimes slow to latch, though, so my nipple is often hanging out there longer than I'd like. At home or around family member's houses, I just discreetly whip it out and hope she gets right to work.

I find that I am most uncomfortable when other people are near me, such as sharing the same couch. The mall is so wide open it doesn't bother me. I usually go to the family restroom to nurse in the nursing room though, just because I have to keep Ian contained.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Nova
Ambulance Chaser

I nurse anywhere, anytime in front of anyone. I have from day one.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 11:05 PM
DEE
Ambulance Chaser

im modest while nip, I dont always use a blanket but i try to not let it all hang out kwim?
It gets harder the older they get cause they just flip your shirt up lol...
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 10:45 AM

At home, I just whip it out. I have a fear of NIP, but it's getting much better lately. I just pick a quiet corner and feed my dd.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 01:36 PM
Ferrety
Ambulance Chaser

Jacob has always been a very active nurser, so I've had to cope with the fact that he will flash a room at least once or twice in a feeding if I'm in public. Oh well. If someone gets offended, they don't have to look. Since coming to terms with this, I've been pretty much the "whip it out" type. What's odd though, is that I'm still very modest about much of the rest of my body. I've NEVER worn shorts, even in the summer, even in high school when I was a size 3, because I don't want to show off my legs. Since having a baby, I won't show anyone my belly button because it's so ugly now. But the boob? Here, have a look, LOL!
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-21-2003, 01:39 PM
Hermsbiggestfan
Ambulance Chaser

I used to be very concerned about nursing in public, but after 10 months of nursing I can do it most anywhere and at anytime. I feel proud to be nursing and I think it shows support to other mothers who are doing so or considering doing so. I wouldn't take my daughter into a bathroom to do it. I used to just wait for someone to come up and tell me I could not do it in public. I had a mouthful ready for them, but the world has been oddly accepting, wich is a good thing, considering my daughter wants to eat every 5 minutes and often stares longingly at my breasts with the dedication and fervor my boyfriend once had.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Maevele
When HQ was smaller, I whipped it out almost anywhere. I never used a blanket, but I wear big shirts most of the time, and just refused to let people make me feel weird about it. Now that he's almost 2, we try not to nurse in public so much, partially because he has to either climb into my shirt, or haul it up off the other boobie whenever possible, and because I just don't want to get into it with every uninformed jackass on the planet about nursing such a "big kid"
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 06:00 PM
The Ladybug's Mom
Ambulance Chaser

I never went anywhere, because I didn't want to be confronted with having to do it while in public. Yep, I was a hermit for the first 7 months, and it was okay. At home it's a different story, I just whip the suckers outClick here to enlarge
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 07:44 AM
Jane
Ambulance Chaser

I am discreet.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 12:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I nurse her whenever she needs it, regardless of where we are.

I don't use any blankets, yet nothing shows.

Very few people have ever even realized that I was nursing, unless they had reason to know (like dh saying to someone looking for me, "oh, she's over there nursing the baby").

When she was distractible, I sought out quieter places though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in