Once bitten, twice shy? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Barbie
Once bitten, twice shy?

this is the second child I've nursed, and I've taken my share of nibble, bites and the like. But tonight I got bitten worse than anything. The baby was dozing off to sleep at my breast and suddenly I felt searing pain. I yelped and she unlatched...and blood was everywhere. She bit quite deep. I put some lansinoh on it and hope it heals soon. I know I can't nurse on that side tonight, it's a deep bite. I hope it heals soon, I don't want to have that side get engorged.

It is enough to make me want to quit, hopefully I"ll feel better in the a.m!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 12:22 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ouch. I have felt that pain. I always hated it when I got a bite as they were dozing off. Their sweet angelic little face suddenly becomes the cause of unnerving pain. Ds#1 had 2 teeth at 4 months old and no idea how to control them.

Hope you feel better in the morning.Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 06:19 AM
Dea
Ambulance Chaser

Aw sweetie. I am so sorry about your boobah. I just got over a month stint of being chewed on (my ds thought it was mad funny), so I feel your pain.

Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 05:17 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Ummmph, I feel for you. There for a couple of months dd #2 would grab my nipple with her teeth just before latching. Thankfully, while I've had some really painful nips, there has never been any blood.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2003, 06:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

BTDT. Put some neosporin on it in between nursings. (wash off before nursing) I used a bandaid on my bites and bandaided them so that the cut was forced to stay open. That made it heal from the inside - rather than scabbing and re-ripping open. Watch out for infection. If you see a red streak leading from the bite mark across your boob in the direction of your heart, you have a serious infection. I had my share of antibiotics during the teething stages of the first 4 teeth.
Good luck. I empathize.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in