worried about baby not wanting to nurse - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 08:32 PM
lilmomma
Ambulance Chaser

Unhappy worried about baby not wanting to nurse

not very often but sometimes my baby wants nothing to do with nursing all day long. like today.... he nursed when he woke up and twice before he went to bed but besides that he just didn't want it. i offered it but he would jerk away and fuss. he was sucking on everything in sight but still wanted nothing to do with the breast. that really worries me. i gave him a few solids but he still didn't really want that early on (he did well at dinner). he's usually a great nurser though and some days thats all he wants. does anyone else's baby do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Nina
Ambulance Chaser

Mine hasn't done this, but

How old is your baby? And how often does this happen? Could he be getting a tooth? Have an ear ache? Any other odd behavior?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 08:40 PM
lilmomma
Ambulance Chaser

he's 9 months old tonight. it doesn't happen very often at all. the only thing i can think that it might be is us not being at home. im a sahm right now and im usually always at home with him but yesterday and today we were out all day long (at the mall, a friends house, and shopping for wedding cards). could it be that? he did eat a few hours after he got home.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Nina
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge I think we are going to keep cross posting

I would definately agree that being out and about could cause him to not want to eat. At this age babies are really noticing the world around them. I'll bet he just got caught up when you got home. Mine will want to nurse the instant we get back home, like suddenly he remembers all the nursing he missed.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2003, 03:45 AM
Dea
Ambulance Chaser

He might be cutting some new teeth and nursing hurts his little gums.

I know some babies that nurse more when cutting a tooth but my ds dosen't want to have anything to do with nursing when he has a new tooth coming.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in