Baby not thriving - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Dea
Ambulance Chaser

I don't have any experience with anything you are going through, but I just wanted to tell you what a great job you are doing. Your ds is such a lucky baby to have a Mommy who is so commited to giving him the very best nurishment in the world.

I know you don't know me from Eve, but my thoughts are with you. I know your baby is going to start gaining here pretty soon, just keep doing what you know is right for him. You are an inspiration.

Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 09:57 AM
momiam
Ambulance Chaser

Hang in there. It sounds like things are starting to improve. For what it's worth, my son was actually 2 weeks late, and had many of the same problems. It was a struggle to get him to nurse for 10 minutes at a time. He lost almost a pound by day 5 (he started at 9lbs 11 oz, so this isn't as bad as it seems). He didn't get back up to his birth weight until he was two weeks old. He was almost 2 months old before we really got the hang of painfree nursing. Some of it was me learning how he was supposed to latch on, but a lot of it was just waiting until his mouth got big enough for my nipple. One thing I would do to help the pain was put breastmilk on my nipples, and then run around without a top on for a little bit.

Keep us posted.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 11:05 AM
kt99
Ambulance Chaser

HE LATCHED. HE NURSED FROM BOTH SIDES FOR ALMOST 25 MINUTES AND BEST OF ALL, IT DIDN'T HURT !!!!!

The LC that came out this morning was absolutely amazing. I had been positioning him wrong at the breast the entire time. I was holding him to far forward leaving him with nothing to grab onto but nipple. Eek gads, it friggin hurts just typing that.

I know we still have a pretty long road ahead of us but man, I am just so freaking happy right now. I can't wait for him to wake up to want to feed again. Click here to enlarge

PS - he didn't even want a bottle of EBM when he was done nursing. Things are definitely starting to look up. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 11:27 AM
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo! That is AWESOME news, Karen! I'm so glad you got another opinion and even glader (is that even a word?) that he nursed well. You must be thrilled to pieces...pumping sucks ass Click here to enlarge
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

That is great!!!! I am so glad you found someone who knew what they were doing. Good for you for hanging in there!
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Yea! that is such good news!

Glad you found help.

Keep going!
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Dea
Ambulance Chaser

THAT IS FANTASTIC!

Good for you for finding another LC, that first one should be kicked in the head IMHO.

Wonderful news! He should start gaining now and you can start to relax and enjoy your little treasure. YAY FOR GOOD LC'S!
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Nina
Ambulance Chaser

Talking Hurray!

That is so wonderful.

Click here to enlarge

Way to go. A good LC makes all the difference.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge
Yay!!!!!!!!!!
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 07:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh, Karen, I was so sad when I read the first post and soooo happy when I read your last one.

Nothing beats a great LC. Mine was an angel on this earth. I never would've been able to nurse Viv if it wasn't for her. I'm so glad you found one that can help you!!!

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but you can use Neosporin on your nipples. I tried everything when I had cracked, scabbed, blistered nipples. It was the only thing that actually healed them. It helps numb the pain, too.

I'm so happy for you that little Brandon is here. I've thought of you two a lot over the months!

Click here to enlarge
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I just finished reading this thread and am so happy for you. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Good luck and keep us posted!
post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Way to persevere! Good job.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm so glad to hear things are better for you two now. Way to go, and pat yourself on the back for not giving up!
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

That damn latch ruins everthing! Click here to enlarge

Good job! I'm glad you figured it out and are now on your way to pain free nursing. Click here to enlarge

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oh I am so glad that things are looking up for you and your boy! I was going to recommend lots of skin to skin contact to keep him awake and intersested in nursing, but it sounds like he realized how good Click here to enlarge's milk is on his ownClick here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in