Going shopping this weekend and need recomendations... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Breastaurant Do your kids eat at mom's? Need advice or have some to share? Come on in to the d-cup diner and spill it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 01:12 PM
sillymommy
Ambulance Chaser

Going shopping this weekend and need recomendations...

For a good bra while pg please? Any suggestions? I will be nursing so was told if I get underwire to get a very good fitting one so I told clog ducts? TIA!

By the way, I nurse w/ ds for 10months so I need a nice bra that will be sure to give me a good life. The saggy look isn't too pretty! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I would just go ahead and get a nursing bra. Many here have recommended the Playtex soft cup nursing bra, which you should be able to find in many department stores (Click here to enlarge Someone correct me if i'm wrong). Motherhood Maternity bras are pretty much crap. I have one underwire from there that snaps at the cleavage and I like it, but the cotton one I got didn't even last through one baby (nursing 17 months, but still! Click here to enlarge) and it wasn't very comfortable.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 01:38 PM
sillymommy
Ambulance Chaser

Cool thanks...Someone else told me MOtherHood was crap when it came to bras. You know I have nursing bras from when I nursed ds. I should give them a try before my shopping trip. I think they might be a bit loose or saggy in the areola area but will try! Thanks!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to sophrosune Send a message via Yahoo to sophrosune
I like the bravado bras, but they supposedly give you uniboob if you have big knockers. You can order them off the internet.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 08:30 AM
poobutt
Ambulance Chaser

I also recommend the Bravado bra.

I've been wearing them for 7 months now, and they're working great! They don't offer as much support as other nursing bras, but if you're not running anywhere, then it should be fine. (But then, I'm a D. Ugh.)

Good luck, it took me forever to find the bra that was right for me.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Motherhood bras are definitely crap.Click here to enlarge

I preferred the playtex bras with the underwire alternative. (no actual wire, but extra fabric support.) They were especially easy to refasten one handed.

I think it depends on the size of your breasts, though. I know some women who got very large feed bags when nursing, and said the playtex bras weren't supportive enough. I never went past a D and had no problems with them.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have only one nursing bra that I can stand. But it is a really good one! and cheap!!! It's a Leading Lady... cotton and lycra, black, no underwire. Love it!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

found a pic...

http://www.breastfeedingworld.com/449.htm

it has a hook and eye opening, but I never use that, I just pull the whole cup to the side to nurse.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I got one at sears. I can't remember the name. I got it when I was pg. It is a nursing bra. It was a Gma bra but very comfortable and supportive and idnd't hurt my back. It is alo the easiet nursing bra I have found to unhook the cups one handed. I have went back and got a few more of them.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Solstice,
Kohl's carries the Leading Lady brand, but doesn't have a good variety of sizes. I just picked up some up the other day. Ahhhh!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't have a Khols near me, but I can get them at a breastfeeding boutique in town. It is seriously the MOST COMFORTABLE BRA EVER. Click here to enlarge Makes my boobies happy!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 12:35 PM
My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my personality.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinklestars
I loved the Bravado bras and the Playtex. I found snaps hard to manage especially in the between the boob/cleavage area. Playtex was easy and I could push the Bravado out of the way.

I am not one of those who believe - broadly speaking - that women are better than men. We have not wrecked railroads, nor corrupted legislatures, nor done many unholy things that men have done; but then we must remember that we have not had the chance.- Jane Addams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in