PEOPLE ARE INSANE - Page 3 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyKnickers View Post
I just leave stuff by the side of the road with a sign that says, FREE because fuck that shit. Or donate to local thrift shop under the cover of darkness Click here to enlarge Dh thinks I am crazy and should sell it or some such thing. I do not have time for the crazy though. No way.
normally i just do that too but this bike was actually worth a bit of money, like I said, so I wanted to at least know that it was going to a good home and not some scavenger who would take it and sell it, otherwise I would have sold it myself.

I have actually gotten a few nice messages from people saying that those two chicks are idiots and what I did was totally cool. Just to be clear, I didn't do it for back pats, I just didn't expect to be told what an asshole I was being for actually wanting to set a couple of parameters for giving something away Click here to enlarge

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I ran into a similar problem when trying to sell a pop up camper. We didn't have the title to it, but it could be obtained with a little bit of red tape cutting. I explained all that in the post. One person accused me of trying to move a 'hot' 20 year old camper that clearly looked like a 20 year old camper in the pics. Another accused me of rigging the order of the posts, which were in clear site of anyone reading it. Another one kept insisting that she be kept in the running, even though she was also saying she wasn't interested any more.

I finally spoke on the phone to one sane individual who said she was still interested in at least looking at it, even with the missing title. She showed up but didn't buy it, which was fine. I just didn't need all the drama. Click here to enlarge
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Hard-Core Sybermom

I used to use Freecycle and the mod on our group was out to fucking lunch. I posted the item and "wanted" or "available" out of order in the subject line once, was banned and she wrote me a two-page e-mail about all the warnings she'd given me. I'd never even posted to that group before an have never had a warning. But the group dwindled to nothing because that chick was nutso.

Citizens4Truth

"The reason we feel insecure is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel." — Steve Furtick
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I was appointed (DID NOT EVEN ASK SOMEBODY JUST MADE ME ONE) an admin of a yard sale site in germany. More specifically, the forums associated, which had clear guidelines about not posting your business or selling things. So I'd delete those posts, and sometimes if I was feeling salty, I'd remove their text and put in Monty Python quotes or something equally ridiculous.

Apparently, that made me a total fascist and I was a horrible person and WTF is wrong with me and I WAS PUTTING WORDS IN THEIR MOUTHS (again, Monty Python quotes) and THAT WAS NOT OKAY Click here to enlarge

I deleted my account and have not logged in since. It felt so, so good Click here to enlarge

General Immoral Fuckery
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Okay, because I am a glutton for punishment, I am selling two brand new, in the box items that are both relatively $$ on that board.
Lets see what happens Click here to enlarge

I like selling and buying on the swap because at least I know they are neighbours. I might not know everyone but someone knows every person who is in there and vouched for them and the thought of giving my address to some random Kijiji dude is not appealing to me but these two items will basically pay for Shack's xmas gift so I want them gone and have been sitting on them forever because I HATE selling stuff Click here to enlarge

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

So we get the play by play right???
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-22-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

okay so
I have already been gently chastised for posting a brand new, sealed in the box stand mixer on the mom's swap and sell because it can ONLY be kid related. I said, "well i am a mom and I love cooking stuff" Click here to enlarge
Anyway, I have a bite on the stand mixer from someone who sounds normal who says they have met me and I am putting the faucet on Kijiji too with Shack's number on it so I don't have to deal with anyone.
Stay tuned Click here to enlarge

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in