Christmas Drama? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Christmas Drama?

This is always my favourite part of SM Christmas. My Christmas was very vanilla, I'm sick as a dog, so it was just quiet with 2 out of 3 of my kids. Even cancelled dinner because I'm not wasting a 93.00 roast when I can barely keep soup down.

So entertain me. Tell me all about your Christmas crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My mom seems to have found a new winner of a boyfriend who, now that she's moved in with him, seems to be getting more and more controlling.

Other than that, no drama besides being woken up at 5am.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

No drama, but DH's grandmother is really declining and it was very hard to see, and DS had a lot of questions that were very tough to answer because of it. She's senile and is suffering from something called Sundowners.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My FIL started playing Amos and Andy videos from YouTube. He told us to tell him if we wanted him to turn them off. It took about 60 seconds before we asked him to turn it off. I think he wasn't thrilled, but srsly.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My drama is really run of the mill but it's enough to make go hulk-smash all over the festive joy.

My brother is an alcoholic and (let's say) recovering drug addict. The day after my wedding my parents had to call the police and paramedics to scrape him off the patio. So we go through different cycles. Some years things are ok and we all chillax with some festive cocktails and all is peaceful. Other years, like this year, my dad proclaims that he will not have a sip so as not to enable jay. Which is a joke because him and his gf are cracking into the beverages before they am finish their hello nice to see you's.

But this is all just bonus stuff. Everyone is always on edge because my dad is a controlling dick most of the time. We all walk around on eggshells the whole holiday. So booze helps! And it's annoying as shit the years like this year when everyone is pretending they're not sneaking drinks in the pantry so as not to corrupt jay Click here to enlarge

And then last night a dog. One of 3. Pee'd on he floor. And of course my dad is all "ah wtf look what Thor did!" Of course, Thor is my dog.

Tonight, they're playing poker. But all I can hear is my dad giving everyone a poker tutorial. Have a drink and stfu.

Merry Christmas!
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My mom was rude and pouted like a small child and refused to open her presents. Once she did she acted so put out and ungrateful. She also criticized every present that dh and I bought the kids.

The only reason I agreed to have her over and act civil is for my sister. She has enough going on at the moment.

Comparison is the thief of joy-Theodore Roosevelt
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh I forgot. My brother is also a fucking dick.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Juniper
OMG, you guys are going to laugh your asses off at my drama.

I thought I was soooooo smart. I put all of the kids' Christmas gifts in my office (I have a private office that is part of a real estate office) so that they couldn't snoop and find them.

My oldest (age 16) asked for a Christmas cactus and cactus potting soil. (yeah, I know that's a little eccentric. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree)

My personal office is on the interior, so there's no daylight. I bought the Chistmas Cactus as well as a jasmine plant for S.anta to bring to me. Because I had no daylight in my office, I left them on the floor in the conference room in a brown paper bag with the top cut off on 12/23.

After we went to a family dinner on Christmas Eve, I got the kids to bed and then went to work to get the gifts. Everything was there except for the plants. Click here to enlarge This was kind of a lean Christmas, so all my daughter was getting was the plant, a pair of shoes, cactus potting soil, and a slush mug (we're also buying her an area rug, but she has to pick it out). When I realized the plant was gone, I got angrier than I have been in a long, long time.

I texted my broker/friend, and asked if she knew where the plants were, and explained they were Christmas gifts, and they were gone. I was very diplomatic in the text, but I was swearing like a sailor in real life, and very close to jumping around like an angry leprechaun.

Sometime in the night, my broker/friend texted me back. Someone had told her there was a bunch of gifts for her in the conference room, and she assumed the plants were part of that. She was absolutely mortified that she'd stolen my Christmas gifts and was falling over herself apologizing. When I woke up and saw what happened, my fury evaporated. I was so, so glad that I was professional and even keeled when I texted her.

Now, my broker and I are calling it "Plant Heist 2014".

I think she'd really loved the plants- she'd taken pictures of them before she took them home. She'd texted them to me to show my daughter so she'd know I'd actually bought the gifts. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Worthless sack of shit
Hard-Core Sybermom

I stabbed three people but I'm already out on bail.
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
No family around so no drama, I kind of miss it Click here to enlarge

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I gave a student a cactus for his bday, it was large and stabbed him in the chest on the ride home. His mom said he was very pleased to have received it.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 07:18 PM
Worthless sack of shit
Hard-Core Sybermom

I had to charade Lance Armstrong. In front of family. How do you charade one ball?
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

We played Cards Against Humanity with the in-laws. MIL thought I was a horrid person for getting it for DD, and I do admit it was iffy for a 14.5 year old. It was certainly never intended to play with mil. However, three glasses of wine in (after discussing Glory holes) I reminded her that *her* mom, Grandma Bobka had bought DH and his siblings "back massagers" when they were 16, 15, 14 and 11.
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

No drama here. Even had my ex over to my parents' house along with his sister and her girlfriend for xmas dinner. It was a blast. Bonus to having the ex there - he was able to bring home the wine fridge I got for xmas from my parents since he had his truck.

Shameless plug for an old friend - www.newsvandal.com
post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 08:16 PM
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Not much drama, except that my neighbor across the street got robbed while I was having Christmas Eve dinner! It had to be someone they knew because he said they had dinner a block away. They broke in his back sliding doors with a crow bar and took all of their jewelry and watches--apparently he REALLY likes watches because he said he had an $8,000 Rolex and some other fancy watches and they went into his daughter's armoire and took her tennis bracelet....who would think to go in an armoire?? Anyway, I feel terrible for them. It's just gross knowing someone went through your shit and was in your personal space.

Other than that, I had a fantastic Christmas. Lots of love and nice presents Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Worthless sack of shit
Hard-Core Sybermom

for Christmas this year my honey gave me a threeway
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 09:28 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I guess I was our drama this Christmas.
I'm really not doing well in terms of grief, it's gotten steadily worse since Thanksgiving. Every day feels like we just lost him and I just can't deal.

I really didn't feel able to cope with Christmas and my husband and son didn't push me.
So no tree, no baking and no presents beyond cards containing cash that I mailed on Monday. I did at least make them a nice dinner today.
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Nancy, Click here to enlarge That isn't drama, that is self preservation. I wish we were near enough to hang out.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 01:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Surprisingly, none! But I think my sister and her family must live in a wind tunnel because they can't talk without yelling!
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 05:07 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Strange
No drama yet, but we've still got my parents and siblings this weekend!
pewaukeemom likes this.

STFU Mags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in