Spinoff Thread- Cursed Little Homestead - Page 4 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWE1j9R4xM

Another simple, small, inexpensive house, and yet it's still sturdier than that pile of sticks the family in question has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 08:42 AM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

They didn't get custody back yesterday (surprise).
http://www.wave3.com/story/29097461/...of-10-children

They have about 3 weeks until the next date. That is plenty of time, given the go fund me money they have, to get a trailer or shed or whatever moved onto the property, bunks for the kids ready, and plans for a more permanent solution for septic and water. Will they do that though? I'm sure they've been given a list of things they need to do to get the kids back. Hopefully including a psyc eval for the parents. I wonder whether their hatred of "the state" is stronger than their love for their kids.
post #63 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Yesterday was also supposed to have something to do with whether or not charges would be pressed on the parents. Nothing has come out of that, either.

I read (unsubstantiated) that the gofundme money would not be released to them if they were found guilty of some charges. I have no idea if that's true, but they appear to have already itemized how they plan to spend the gofundme money, regardless.

I'm glad the kids are safe and clean but this whole situation is fucked.
Pudin likes this.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #64 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

She is a nasty woman. Those children are brainwashed and she is a monster.

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #65 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 06:32 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes, Again View Post
They didn't get custody back yesterday (surprise).
http://www.wave3.com/story/29097461/...of-10-children

They have about 3 weeks until the next date. That is plenty of time, given the go fund me money they have, to get a trailer or shed or whatever moved onto the property, bunks for the kids ready, and plans for a more permanent solution for septic and water. Will they do that though?
You mean, build and furnish a functional home from scratch in less than 3 weeks when they couldn't pull it off over years? Click here to enlarge And given that they still don't believe they did anything wrong and seem to be encouraged by a number of people, I think their hatred of the state and feelings of unjustified persecution will trump everything.
post #66 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think they'll do enough to get the kids back. I also think they will just disappear off the radar after that. They asked for volunteers to come out today and help them clean up the "homestead" and put fencing up. No word on what they're doing about the shelter situation, though.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #67 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Worthless sack of shit
Hard-Core Sybermom

I would have a hard time helping them get their children back, because in my heart, I believe the children are better off with any other alternative. Growing up in an abusive family is not something I would wish on anyone.
post #68 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

http://www.wave3.com/slideshow?widge...eshowimageid=1

More pictures, it's even worse than I thought holy shit.
Yes, Again likes this.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #69 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Much worse than I imagined. That entire place looks like it smells like mixed foaming outhouse diarrhea. The mattresses. Click here to enlarge

The canned food looks like the cans are actually oxidizing, and that can actually cause botulism to grow in cans. Dented cans too. Not all food poisoning comes from bloated obviously damaged cans. Maybe that explains the entire family getting violently ill.

That isn't a food producing garden. I was reading one of their blogs and they admitted they failed at growing food. They planted corn, WTF. You can't grow corn in that kind of environment. It needs massive full sun and water.

It seems the only thing these jackasses can grow are dogs and babies but then they can't feed them without mooching off the Mormon church.

And who the fuck names a kid mosiah?
Yes, Again likes this.

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #70 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

The most ridiculous part is how she posted today on their FB page about self-sustainability and doing for yourself............after receiving thousands in donations and living off of church charity and taking and stealing and owing thousands in back taxes and child support.
Yes, Again likes this.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #71 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 03:53 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

I thought the pictures the family put up themselves were pretty bad, but yeah, that slideshow from the news station shows that they were actually only showing the less gross parts of their property. They haven't had their kids for a couple of weeks now. Why the fuck didn't they start that clean up themselves the day after the kids were taken? Plus no amount of clean up is going to help the total lack of appropriate shelter. Fuck. The tent we take camping with us is more shelter than that "cabin". At least the tent protects us from flies and mosquitos while we sleep.
post #72 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 PM
Blue Tongue Lizard
Hard-Core Sybermom

That's just disgusting. What the fuck is wrong with the parents that they cannot work? Why does the church support them and everyone give donations? I can't wrap my head around this shit.
post #73 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 07:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

And can I just point out that pond that they claim is in the process of healing itself and getting naturally healthy and will soon contain all kinds of fish. They have no idea Click here to enlarge They have no other vegetation in it, no shade, animal waste run off & it's stagnant with no aeration. That algae bloom will only get bigger and that water won't be able to sustain a tadpole. If they hired someone to try and fix the pond (planting, dredging, aeration and filters) and hired someone to landscape to control runoff, it would be ready for fish next year.
Yes, Again and Parapraxis like this.
post #74 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

That pond is an ecological ticking time bomb.
Parapraxis likes this.

Bill Maher
post #75 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I shouldn't have looked through the pictures. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

post #76 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Diz
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

poor kids. Click here to enlarge

Bazinga
post #77 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 08:36 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I read that some of the volunteers who showed up (not many, all out of town) were shocked at the mess and the smell, and the cleanup didn't last long and wasn't well organized at all. They honestly think they are going to get the kids back with that place. A lot of people who donated are putting a stop on the money or getting it refunded via PayPal, as they have clearly lied about their situation and have no intention of acquiring real shelter for the kids. It's sad, the older boy will age out of foster care soon, I think he's 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Immoral Fuckery
post #78 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 11:06 AM
DD with Ramin Karimloo after Les Miz
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBad View Post
http://www.wave3.com/slideshow?widge...eshowimageid=1

More pictures, it's even worse than I thought holy shit.
OMG Click here to enlarge

The only clean looking thing in that whole slideshow is the cat!
post #79 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to _DJ_
good grief Gitmo looks better
post #80 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

I wish the parents would join us here for a chat.

Bill Maher

Tags
glass castle, oh janie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in