Diner Owner Yells At Toddler - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

10Likes
  • 4 Post By Liorien
  • 2 Post By Peent
  • 1 Post By Peent
  • 2 Post By The Church Lady
  • 2 Post By Diz
  • 3 Post By pepper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

Diner Owner Yells At Toddler

Have you read this story that has been all over the news and social media?
http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/loca...post/30391407/

What would you do if someone yelled at your kid? Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Blue Tongue Lizard
Hard-Core Sybermom

I would not let my kid scream in a crowded restaurant for 45 minutes and disturb the other people. Those parents were assholes.
Diz, Lurkey Lou, Coco and 1 others like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Pretty sure there is way more to the story than what is being played out on social media. Click here to enlarge
The mom supposedly came forward with her side and her version is much different, of course. Somewhere in the middle of this weird 15 minutes of fame social media cluster Fuck is what really happened.
Lurkey Lou and Coco like this.

And Julie said "Futz", "Futz" said Julie.
"Futz around until my return."
The definition of "futz" was something we had yet to learn,
But we tried to do it anyway, anyway,
'Cause Julie, we'll do anything you say.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 07:47 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think the owner is super annoying in interviews and her point is getting lost in the shuffle because of it. I don't agree with her screaming at the kid, either. But I agree with her point. It's rude to get a kid fuss that long.

Opinions are like orgasms. Mine matters most and I could care less if you have one.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

You don't yell at someone's child and you don't leave your child to cry in a restaurant with others for any extended period. Who would order pancakes and leave them just out of reach of hungry child? I need video.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 08:31 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

The kid was 21 months old, they were feeding her small pieces at a time.

What an epic fail that meal was. Good thing Facebook wasn't around when I had a tantruming toddler. Click here to enlarge
Lurkey Lou likes this.

And Julie said "Futz", "Futz" said Julie.
"Futz around until my return."
The definition of "futz" was something we had yet to learn,
But we tried to do it anyway, anyway,
'Cause Julie, we'll do anything you say.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

A gazillion years ago my youngest son threw a massive tantrum in the middle of a grocery store. He was maybe 3 years old at time time. I finally had no choice but to pick him up over my shoulder (he was kicking and screaming) and prepare to walk out of the store. Just as I reached the entrance to leave, he screamed at the top of his lungs "THIS IS NOT MY MOM".

Needless to say, security was all over me before I made it to my car. Thank God there where no such thing as social media back then.

The security officer ended up laughing his tail off. :vs_boom:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 02:06 PM
Dog loves you!
Hard-Core Sybermom

Can I vote that both were wrong?

Owner shouldn't have yelled at the kid (but after 45 minutes of screaming I think the owner was within her rights to bring the to go boxes and ask them to leave).

Parents should have left or ordered to go liar while I totally understand tired/cranky kids Aren't always purposefully misbehaving they are still a disruption and common courtesy means you don't make others suffer.

My son is on the spectrum and meltdowns were always a possibility-we were always prepared to leave if he had one. That's what being a parent entails-sometimes you have to miss out on what you want to properly deal with your children.
Coco and Cricket like this.

This is my signature.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Diz
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

we were at dinner the other night and this table of 4-5 families were letting their kids run around it and goof off in the restaurant. One kid ran into a waitress and she almost tripped over him. She didn't yell, but told him to sit down. Something like "opps go back to your chair buddy" and the parents got mad at her.

People are assholes who think their special snowflakes amuse and make all of us squeal with delight.
Coco and Liorien like this.

Bazinga
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Assholes abound in this situation. The owner was pissed at the parents (rightfully so!) yet she chose to focus her commentary on the toddler. Stupid. Parents should have intervened way way sooner with unhappy child. Selfish.

We took our kids out to restaurants a lot from infancy on.... But we were ON IT when our snowflakes were getting antsy or tired in restaurants.... Ramping up? Out you go little one! It's walk around outside time! They learned quickly what was expected in the situation and were removed from it if they couldn't keep it together in the moment for whatever reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 10:01 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to pumpkinsmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post

We took our kids out to restaurants a lot from infancy on.... But we were ON IT when our snowflakes were getting antsy or tired in restaurants.... Ramping up? Out you go little one! It's walk around outside time! They learned quickly what was expected in the situation and were removed from it if they couldn't keep it together in the moment for whatever reasons.
This is called raising a child as opposed to letting them grow up.

Cancer is a word not a sentence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in