Will anyone here pay up again? - Page 3 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

I've taken care of identifying the area where all the private forums are. Don't worry!!!
dubby, Twinklestars, AMG and 4 others like this.

Shameless plug for an old friend - www.newsvandal.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by todolist View Post
Isnt fun stuff things like the craft forum, Run for your lives, stuff like that?
Fun stuff also included the sex forum. Everything but that sex forum could be made open to the public. The sex forum (Wet Spot) should stay totally private - for everyone's sake Click here to enlarge

post #43 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

At some point shouldn't the private posts in the private boards that are abandoned actually be deleted rather than archived? Cause we all know stuff on the internet is never really safe, it seems like it would just be better to make it go poof after a certain amount of time of not being touched.
Noodle likes this.
post #44 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

that is actually being discussed. We never deleted stuff in the past because (1) we never liked deleting history, but more it was (2) the database was so huge when we tried deleting stuff we'd crash the server Click here to enlarge
Noodle, AMG, Coco and 1 others like this.

post #45 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
that is actually being discussed. We never deleted stuff in the past because (1) we never liked deleting history, but more it was (2) the database was so huge when we tried deleting stuff we'd crash the server Click here to enlarge
Yeah probably a good idea. There is already tons deleted that aren't in archives. So what's a few more hundred thousand posts. lol

Maybe see if there are any very informative posts and move them to another forum (archive or something) and then delete whole forums, that may be easier than deleting individual posts and messing up everything.
post #46 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 12:20 PM
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

We won't be able to delete anything but we will archive in an admin area.
Twinklestars likes this.
post #47 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have been unpaid for years and I am only here when I remember which is about once a month. LOL
post #48 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

The biggest problem with FB other than trying to figure out who is who, deleting. The moment someone gets called out the thread is gone. I still check in often but so many are gone and it is slow. Plus, I don't have as much free time as I once did.
dubby, PunkassPie, AMG and 2 others like this.

post #49 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Diz
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I think more SMs would rather have the forums deleted rather than archived. They trusted the Admins, this is a company.

Bazinga
post #50 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Benign craft, pets, knitting stuff, sure. Archives, no.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #51 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I liked the Book Forum (I had a book journal there for years) but I'm not willing to pay for a membership anymore and that was a paid feature.

Searching is another paid feature, and the problem is that one of the pleasures of SMs was digging up ancient threads to harass people with. As fewer and fewer people are willing to pay, that particular recreational form disappeared.

I use the FB group, but I find it really annoying that not everyone has their name listed in the "who's who" document. (I kind of think that should be a requirement -- like, post in there and reveal your SMs ID, or GTFO.)

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
post #52 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
I liked the Book Forum (I had a book journal there for years) but I'm not willing to pay for a membership anymore and that was a paid feature.

Searching is another paid feature, and the problem is that one of the pleasures of SMs was digging up ancient threads to harass people with. As fewer and fewer people are willing to pay, that particular recreational form disappeared.

I use the FB group, but I find it really annoying that not everyone has their name listed in the "who's who" document. (I kind of think that should be a requirement -- like, post in there and reveal your SMs ID, or GTFO.)
I've said that several times and was poor poo'd. It should definitely be a requirement.

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #53 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-24-2015, 11:17 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz View Post
I think more SMs would rather have the forums deleted rather than archived. They trusted the Admins, this is a company.
yeah it seems like abandoned forums should be deleted not archived since it's all under new management. clear up space on the server or whatever.

If you take an honest look around at the place it's dead, and with spam messages still around and no home page or history of sybermoms landing page, nothing to hook new members. So if someone stumbles along here they are likely to see spam and dead message boards and head out to greener pastures.
post #54 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 12:54 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Delete them. No one trusts the new admins. Of course, we'd have no proof they were deleted.

Don't take it the wrong way, it's not that we don't trust you personally. We just don't trust that things are private on the internet. Hacks happen. I don't think this site is a target, but I just don't see the point in keeping the stuff.
post #55 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My dh is out of work and I'm currently out on disability, so I'm not going to be paying for a membership (though I've paid for years). I currently have a Book Journal that I now can't post in, and right now I've been doing tons of reading. I think it's stupid to make that a paid feature when it really only benefits the other posters, who get reading recommendations from the journals--it's a lot of work to maintain the journal. Right now this place could use all the traffic it can get so limiting access in this way doesn't strike me as beneficial to anyone.
BlueKitten likes this.

It is easier to build strong children than to repair b.roken men.
-Frederick Douglass

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." -- Benjamin Franklin
post #56 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Good point WTB
@Cricket VS, when do you think the payment thing will be worked out?

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #57 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 08:03 PM
Administrator
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkassPie View Post
Good point WTB
@Cricket VS, when do you think the payment thing will be worked out?
This should be really close now. Let me check with our techs tomorrow to get an update.
post #58 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 11:29 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I thought that I paid but I can't see avis or rep and don't have forum jump or quick reply. So I guess that means I didn't 😂 I like the FB page but I also think that username list should be required.

I think that we are just past this. Everything left to discuss is discussed on FB. Not just on the SM page but on each other's pages as well.
post #59 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 11:31 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I also moved Tapatalk off the first page of my iPhone and into a folder 😱
post #60 of 377 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It should definitely be a requirement to post on the username list on FB so one can tell who someone is. It is just after a decade of posting with people with one name it is hard to transition to another without that list sometimes.

I don't care if you delete or archive, makes no difference. I never had any trust that things I posted would always stay private, I am glad that it seemed to work that way but shit happens.
Coco likes this.

Tags
alabaster taco tunnel, american idol, clorox sticky notes, mormon pasta hangers, rented farm cheese, tampon sausage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in