Updates - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

104Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 06:37 PM
Holy crap they actually sat together and smiled
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Coralblur
I have a senior and a sophomore. Which is nuts. The younger one has enough activities to make driving her around a second job.

I am working 45-50 hours a week and I'm about to start my final term as a grad student. On the plus side, I'm making double what I was this time last year and in line to get one hell of a promotion as soon as I have that degree in hand. On the downside I have no life. Which is why my social life consists of little chunks of Facebook time.

Plus dh was in a motorcycle wreck this spring which totally fucked our entire summer. Many of you already heard my whining on that. So that's been fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amazing charity
Please remind your children what to do if their clothing catches fire. It could save their life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Same husband, same kids, same dogs (plus 1 new foster), same job.

My 9 year old got into a fist fight at school today. The other kid started it, my son defended himself, the school called to give us a heads up. The end. He's pleased that he held his own and his older brothers (17 & 16) are using his "victory" as proof that their years of rough housing were educational and prepared him for today.Click here to enlarge

Carry me home down The Highway of Heroes.
People above with their flags flying low.
Carry me softly, down The Highway of Heroes.
True Patriot Love,
There was never more.

Watch it

post #23 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 07:28 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My two boys are 15.5 and 19.5
just about grown up and don't need me much except to try to keep them in food.
They are both 6 foot, but youngest is passing my older son any day now.
My youngest looks just like my younger brother when he was his age, so it feels like I'm raising my brother sometimes. lol.

Oldest has his AA in science already, working on his EMT certification and trying to work up the courage to transfer to univ for pre-med.
youngest has two college classes as a sophomore in high school and wavering between all A's and a bit of B's to keep things interesting.

Dh still works from home. I own no horses anymore, they all died. I have a few chickens, down from a high of 20 at one time. No dogs, they all died too. Down to 3 cats from a high of 12.

Kids are old enough I'm having a bit of fun redoing the whole house into more of a grown up world.

And yes, I know, nobody really knows who I am. lol
post #24 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

my kid will be 16 on monday. just installed a bluetooth stereo and some better speakers on the old truck she will be driving. goodbye cassette player. Click here to enlarge she is going to be so surprised! the alpine and kenwood i always wished i had in high school. she has been working her ass off playing soccer and schooling and her job. her life is music and she has earned it. Click here to enlarge

my husband is doing really well despite having lymphoma. people think he is in remission, which is a good thing, i guess.

we are looking for a different place to live that is closer to town so i can walk or bike to work. been working on some weight loss.

rescued a shelter dog who is 5 years old. she is amazing.
Diz, PunkassPie, wren and 7 others like this.
post #25 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Strange
Marcus turned 15 in July and Frankie turned 13 yesterday. Both kids are doing well in school. Dh and I just celebrated our 14th anniversary and still like each other. Work is good for both of us.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

STFU Mags
post #26 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Same job (since 2009), same dh (20 yrs), same kids. Except dd is 14 and a bit taller than me and ds is 9 (Freshman and 3rd grader ). Same dog.
PunkassPie, wren, McBong and 1 others like this.

Lime time.
post #27 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

I was abducted by aliens. They all looked like Chris Pratt.

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #28 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 04:10 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

Same kids (4), same two stupid cats, same husband. The older two (13 and 16) are now taller than me. My son is in his last year of high school, complaining daily about taking physics, chemistry, and science math, and in denial about needing to think about college for next year.
post #29 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 06:10 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

I made a lasagne one night. Didn't even use the crockpot.

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #30 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo
It's great to read the updates. Click here to enlarge

Same number of kids, same dh, but did get a new job in April that's a lot closer to home, more interesting, and more money, so yay! I'm in grad school now, which is not so much a yay. Click here to enlarge It's so hard to find time for school but I'm plodding through.

Many of you already know this but my DD started desensitization therapy to three of her severe food allergies (milk, eggs & peanuts) through a clinical research trial on rapid, multi-allergen oral immunotherapy at Stanford. It's been a lot of work and not very pleasant for her much of the time but so incredibly worth it (according to her as well as us). Click here to enlarge
post #31 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
just celebrated our 20th anniversary of living in sin last week, Hank has a mustache and little beard, Reno is dead as a doornail and it seems that I have become a professional chef Click here to enlarge

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #32 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post
Can you send them for me too? Share?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
post #33 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I moved from Minneapolis to St. Paul in 2012. My kids are now 15 and 12. Still married to the same dude but have seen some turnover in cats in the last few years. Still writing. I've switched mostly to short fiction and articles because novels had hit the point of feeling miserably futile.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
post #34 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Diz
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have two in post secondary and my girlie is in grade 8. I sold my mustang with all the amps.

I now drive bumble bee that can go topless.
turkeyjoe and McBong like this.

Bazinga
post #35 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 08:43 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

I thought about taking a bath tonight but changed my mind. #updates
wren likes this.

post #36 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I am right now a backup singer for Prince.
Pudin and Harlot like this.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #37 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 03:04 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

we need a sybergrandmas board.
post #38 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 05:48 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogzilla View Post

What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off having lots of sex with adorably hot aliens right about now?

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)
post #39 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Kids are 23, 15 and 12. Same asshole husband. He needs meds for depression, he is driving us all crazy with his moodiness. I'm working on losing weight, down 15 lbs today. 37 more to go Click here to enlarge

Still own the Laundromat. It's been 5 years today since my dad and I bought it. He passed away in February after a year and a half illness after strokes. So it's just me owning it but I still love it and the flexibility I have with it.

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #40 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Kids are 24, 22, 13, and 11. The oldest two aren't living at home anymore which makes things quiet. We like to take in Foreign exchange students for fun. This year we have a 17 year old from France. Her name is Justine and she's lovely. I'm almost done with my bachelor's degree and moving on to a Masters. I am struggling with that one. Oregon requires a masters to teach but pays for shit. Marriage is kind of stable for the moment. Hoping things get better. Steps are being taken in the right direction at least. That's about it.

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.

Tags
luncheon meat, pierced bought a house, remote gatoraid, vented pickle tags, white out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in