Updates - Page 3 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

104Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 07:31 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to cheeky
The girls are 18 & 15, both freshman. 18 yo is loving school. She was so ready to go away. The 15 yo is playing HS soccer and it's a crazy schedule. My job keeps me crazy busy also. I will most likely start looking for a new job in a year or so.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My oldest just turned 15, my youngest 5. Crazy.

They are all doing great 15yo is a trombone player and plays in 2 city bands, 2 orchestra's, and a jazz band. He traveled to San Fransisco over summer with one orchstra.

13yo is working hard on keeping her A1c at a 7 becaise she wants to do a summer internship with the CIA. She has adopted an alter ego named Jake. So far Jake isn't a permanent member of our household, who knows what the future holds. We just go with the flow.

8yo still loves cats. She also loves baseball and got into a huge fight with a kid at school who told her girls play softball not baseball.

5yo broke his arm in Sept. 1st Click here to enlarge arm in 15 years of parenting. He loves to skateboard.

I am not working. Had to quit the Drs office. It was a soul sucking place to work. I lerned a ton about myself though. Mostlythat working in an office is not good for me. Give me a chainsaw or a big pile of dirt and I am a happy girl.

I am considering going back for a masters. I am torn between hydrology, soils, or GIS.
post #43 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Same house, same Dh (almost 24 years together). Dog, cat and 3 crazy cute guinnea pigs.

Bean will turn 17 on Monday and is deep into soccer. Super smart, super gorgeous, funny as hell.

Gums is 14 and in grade 8. He's taller than me and has a great morning radio dj voice.

Berries is 7, in grade 2 and I wish he would stay 7 forever.

My mom and stepdad are moving down to Florida (from Canada) for the winter and I'm so excited!

Bean - October 20/98
Gums - October 1/01
Berries - December 20/07
post #44 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I guess I'll update more. 😂

Sebastian is 16, Gabriel is 13. Still married to that guy I married over 4 years ago. Still blissfully happy. 😍.

The boys are fantastic, I just love watching them grow into great young men.

I am going to school full time so I can finish my degree sooner. My degree is in business with a focus on sustainability. I want to work for the urban garden program as well as work with schools to teach nutrition, edible gardens and how to turn a food desert community into a thriving sustainable community. I went back to waiting tables part time so I have that flexibility. One thing I know for sure, I will never ever work in an environment where I sit and stare and a computer for 8 hours a day.
PunkassPie and McBong like this.

And Julie said "Futz", "Futz" said Julie.
"Futz around until my return."
The definition of "futz" was something we had yet to learn,
But we tried to do it anyway, anyway,
'Cause Julie, we'll do anything you say.

post #45 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Peent, what happened with the silent take over at your office?
post #46 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

They were bought out by a Canadian corporation about a year ago. From what I could tell it was a well run, successful company with great organization. However, the CEO where I worked was so butthurt about now being an employee he created an adversary relationship with corporate. We were the only department to be in the red last year and when I left we were continually losing money. There was going to be a big transition as of third quarter of this year complete with a name change. I haven't heard what happened with that because I don't really talk to any of my old coworkers. They were such fucking assholes. Lol I want nothing to do with that place.

I hope most of them got fired.
REDSOXMAMA likes this.

post #47 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

IS a well run company.....

post #48 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

I made pancakes for breakfast. #updates

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #49 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Ds is 14, doing great in high school, and goofy as ever. We are just doing our thing, nothing new to report really. Still hanging out at the spca on the weekends, still slowly working on the house as time and money permits. Next big thing will probably be tearing up the carpeting on the second floor and putting some sort of bamboo flooring down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PunkassPie, BlueKitten and McBong like this.

General Immoral Fuckery
post #50 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I got married in August. Kids are 13 and 11 now. My son is way taller than me and eats like a fucking horse.

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #51 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to ajandcjsmom
Still with the same guy. No plans on marriage yet. Girls are 16, almost 18. Boys are 25, 28 and 30. Moved to a new house in May. Manage the kitchen at the middle school now.

Fuck the typos
post #52 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

My son Sean is 19 now. He's moved out with his girlfriend, and moved back in without her. We're adjusting to having him back.

My daughter Kai is 14 now and a freshman. She's doing well. She tests for third degree black belt in December. Her life outside of school right now is getting ready for that. She'll be the school's youngest third degree ever.

And she's gotten beautiful.
<--- That's her from Saturday night.

I was the kid next door's imaginary friend.
post #53 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 09:39 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnes View Post
white ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't it funny how random words can make a person giggle and giggle?

goobie grab her yuni eeek!

To err is human, so... uh... - Gary King
post #54 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 10:12 AM
DD with Ramin Karimloo after Les Miz
Hard-Core Sybermom

Same everything here

DS is 15 with man hands and is my height (5'7). He's a freshman and going to school out of district and doing great. He made the honor roll for the first time ever! He's got some nice friends. He can be a jerk sometimes but he's getting much better at stopping himself.

DD is 13 and so far so good. She's obsessed with theatre and broadway and in 3 drama companies so it's all showtunes all.the.time at our house. So far she's not boy crazy and I hope that continues for awhile.
post #55 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

DS is 15, almost 16 and still the tallest and biggest kid in his age group. I almost said 'the school' but he told me there is a kid there taller than him. He's a Junior in HS and to be honest, I'll be happy if he graduates on time. Our goal is to get him through high school and then go from there. He's expressed interest in pursuing something in physical therapy/sports medicine, and has some ROP classes coming up in that field next trimester. He is barely passing English, though, because he gets so overwhelmed with all the writing, and chaos in the classroom that he shuts down when he gets home and then isn't getting all the writing homework done along with the Math. We have been in talks with his counselor at school about transitioning to a more independent study program for him where he can meet one on one with a teacher once a week, instead of trying to compete with 30 kids in a class for the teacher's help.

DD is in 8th grade, just made principal's honor roll, which is a HUGE achievement after all the struggles she had in elementary school and her reading and spelling problems. I have emailed her 5th grade teacher her progress as I totally credit that teacher with her positive outlook no matter the struggles she went through. And that was the one teacher that told her to stop worrying about spelling everything correctly - just write what she wants, and that freed up dd from being so anxious about her spelling that it paralyzed her in her writing. She loves Algebra too (who is this kid???)

I am still playing roller derby. March will be the start of my 6th year playing, and I have no plans on quitting. In addition to my regular team, I also play on two pick-up teams, one with my former league out of San Jose, and a coed team out of the Central Valley called Charming Regulators (yes, inspired by Sons of Anarchy). I started dating this guy in mid August that is still going on, and we are taking things slow. I have already had two drama freak outs over my insecurities, and he hasn't kicked me to the curb yet, so this may have some potential Click here to enlarge. He met my daughter this past weekend as we went to his escape room haunted house he created (and has been working on pretty much non stop since mid September, which has contributed to us taking things slow like we have). Once October is over, and his haunt is all finished, things should pick up. I'm totally smitten with this one.

Shameless plug for an old friend - www.newsvandal.com
post #56 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Mmmmmm tuna
Hard-Core Sybermom

Going to eat lunch now #updates
BlueKitten likes this.

"I'm proud of you, but also a bit fearful that we're verging on what I call 'feelings territory' so let's stare at the fire in silence" - Ron Swanson
post #57 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 11:12 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Loving all these updates!

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #58 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

As for me, those are my four heathens in my av Click here to enlarge:

Biggest is in 8th grade, became a much nicer person in general this year after going through some shit last year. Finding herself - she's happy, she's nice to her sisters, and nice to my husband and I.

Next is 11 and in the throes of 11 year old puberty hell. Been there with #1 so I know this too shall pass but it's a fun ride. She transitioned to middle school easily and is doing well.

Next is 7 and is about as inquisitive as any person I've ever met. Everything is a question, and she pretty much narrates her life to me. Reading any book she gets her hands on, still doing crafty stuff 24/7. I found a chart she made that lists the friends she has made in each grade so far.

Littlest is 5 and is in Kindergarten. She's my IEP kid but really she probably could have gotten away with just OT and Speech but since she qualified for a full-day kindergarten class we figured it could only help her in the long run. She loves school, loves taking the bus and is still my snuggle bug.

To think when I joined Sybermoms I had one child and wasn't even pregnant with #2 yet!

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #59 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 06:09 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My oldest is 14, a freshman in high school. He keeps busy with band, scouts and now a part time job at the grocery store.

Youngest is 8 and in third grade. He is just happy to play outside and also watching minecraft videos.

Oldest dss just had his first baby Click here to enlarge She is adorable.

3 days later I lost mine due to a fatal disorder, waiting on genetic testing for her to know what exactly went on and so all kids can know their chances of being carriers.

Dss2's girlfriend is due this coming spring.

I'm still somewhat working two part time jobs (only working one night at the evening one for now).

Still have 3 dumb cats and a little dog who thinks he is a cat Click here to enlarge
post #60 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Samantha Louise, 12 years old on 1/14/16
Hard-Core Sybermom

Rachel's (Squig) almost 15, she has her learner's permit and likes driving. She's still a competitive dancer, she's in high school. She's really liking her journalism class and her child development class.

Sammi (Soup) is 11, in 6th grade, which is still elementary school here. She's in the throes of puberty and occasionally starts crying over things like, "I want to get married someday, but I like my last name!" She loves to read, she reads something like a book a day. She also likes running and has done a few 5Ks. I hope she gets involved with the track team in junior high.

Piper (no nickname in my user name but she is Pi) is 8 and is funny and loves playing with her sister and sneaking off my with my ipad to play Minion Rush.

--cited as one of sybermoms' most normal members.

http://365project.org/iowafalduto/365

Tags
luncheon meat, pierced bought a house, remote gatoraid, vented pickle tags, white out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in