This is not what we were supposed to get - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

This is not what we were supposed to get

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-s...family-budgets

Just found out our deductible is quadrupling and our months cost as well. Then we get to pay 20% of everything after that.

“I don’t know why we don’t create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesn’t somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?”

Bill Maher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Instead of affordable health care, we now have people who were in the middle class avoiding going to the doctor. Thanks, Obama. And any of you that rationalize this and say "well now you know what it feels like for people without insurance" can go fuck yourselves because my family is paying OUT THE ASS for insurance and now we basically don't have any unless something catastrophic happens.
nano and Earthquake like this.

“I don’t know why we don’t create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesn’t somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?”

Bill Maher
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Oh and we can't shop the marketplace for another plan because what we have now is considered affordable so we don't qualify for savings Click here to enlarge

All of the asshole republicans that said the middle class would be paying for the poor were absolutely right.

Bill Maher
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It's a giant clusterfuck that's what it is. Maybe we were better with exclusions for preexiting conditions though that fucked people up too, budget wise.
Pudin and strangest angel like this.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

You know as much as it pains me to say it, Seeya you are probably right.
seeya likes this.

Bill Maher
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 07:14 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I know pud, it's hard Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

It is.

Bill Maher
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I still need someone to explain to me how this is not the fault of the insurance companies gouging people in the name of profits. I tried to get Stains’ family and friends to explain it to me last night, but instead I just one rational dude making excuses for greedy corporations and a couple of people telling me that lazy fucks who don’t work 3 jobs don’t deserve to have healthcare because healthcare isn’t and shouldn’t be a human right. Click here to enlarge
dubby, Pollyanna, Peent and 5 others like this.

MY PRESENCE IS YOUR PRESENT, BITCHES!

Quote:
went fishing today with my man and when he went to sit down in the chair. the chair slipped and he fell into the lake and it scared me.
20 May
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. FeMpaThy View Post
I still need someone to explain to me how this is not the fault of the insurance companies gouging people in the name of profits. I tried to get Stains’ family and friends to explain it to me last night, but instead I just one rational dude making excuses for greedy corporations and a couple of people telling me that lazy fucks who don’t work 3 jobs don’t deserve to have healthcare because healthcare isn’t and shouldn’t be a human right. Click here to enlarge
I agree with this. It's the insurance companies gouging, and using the excuse that they "have" to because of requirements by the Affordable Care Act. I think the intentions were good to have everyone covered, but in reality, they are getting away with providing insurance, but really still not covering anything. Deductibles are the equivalent of no insurance in some cases. Or catastrophic coverage, which I think would actually be cheaper.

We need to get out of for-profit healthcare, period.
dubby, Pollyanna, Strange and 6 others like this.

Shameless plug for an old friend - www.newsvandal.com
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

But Kat, that would be socialized medicine and we can't be having that in 'Murica!

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Strange
Dh's union renegotiated and our pp deductible went up again. And they still won't cover well child/person checks, vaccines, or any other preventative care until we meet the deductible.

I have to budget getting my kids their fucking shots. How is that right?

STFU Mags
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Our cost per month is outrageous plus we have a $3,000 deductible. Click here to enlarge
We haven't reached it this year. Maybe in December just in time for it to reset. Yay. And we have the "good insurance". It is ridiculous.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Pudin, you can shop on the market place even if you don't qualify for a subsidy. We did last year.

Luckily I have good insurance through my employer and only have to chip in $30 a month. I'm the only one that has any health problems.

Our CO health op is losing its ACA certification so we have to get new insurance through the market place again. But this time I'm going with the lowest premium and highest deductible plan for the kids and dh. We'll keep our dental care.

I love a catastrophic plan for the kids because it's actually cheaper to pay cash for a regular sick visit for the kids than with insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YO!
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'd love....anyone know if those are still available?

YO!
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Of course it is the insurance companies taking advantage. Duh. Click here to enlarge But the problem is, the "affordable" health care act had nothing in place to protect us from this and what the naysayers were saying would happen actually happened. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
Pudin, you can shop on the market place even if you don't qualify for a subsidy. We did last year.

Luckily I have good insurance through my employer and only have to chip in $30 a month. I'm the only one that has any health problems.

Our CO health op is losing its ACA certification so we have to get new insurance through the market place again. But this time I'm going with the lowest premium and highest deductible plan for the kids and dh. We'll keep our dental care.

I love a catastrophic plan for the kids because it's actually cheaper to pay cash for a regular sick visit for the kids than with insurance.

Well isn't that lovely for you. Click here to enlarge In order to get something with a low, under 4,000 deductible we would be spending more than our mortgage. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Fucking sucks donkey balls

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSOXMAMA View Post
Our cost per month is outrageous plus we have a $3,000 deductible. Click here to enlarge
We haven't reached it this year. Maybe in December just in time for it to reset. Yay. And we have the "good insurance". It is ridiculous.
I would love a 3000 deductible right now. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

You give me $3000 and I will re-watch the entire House series again and perform whatever medical procedures you need done.
Yes, Again, Olive and max e. pad like this.

MY PRESENCE IS YOUR PRESENT, BITCHES!

Quote:
went fishing today with my man and when he went to sit down in the chair. the chair slipped and he fell into the lake and it scared me.
20 May
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Sounds good. Click here to enlarge
Dr. FeMpaThy likes this.

Bill Maher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in