Syrian Refugees - Page 5 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
Every single Jordanian that we met would love to come to Canada too and showed no hatred for our way of life, didn't care about what faith we believed in and were, just generally, lovely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pollyanna likes this.

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

You traveled, met and spoke to actual humans, Pudin reads articles.
TXchick and Dr. FeMpaThy like this.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #83 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 04:55 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I bet Pudin doesn't know a single muslim. Click here to enlarge

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #84 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 05:49 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

i also want to add this fact:

I understand being totally freaked out by the sight of 30,000 homeless people trudging through your small, european town. I get that and I would probably be freaked out too.

The refugees coming to North America aren't those people. They are people who have been living in refugee camps in Jordan, Lebanon etc already. They have been vetted by the UN, they have ID, many have already started the process of coming but are mired in stalled paperwork etc.

These people cannot just jump in a dinghy and come across the ocean to get here so our situation is different. It will be controlled and regulated. Trust me, ISIS fighters have not embedded themselves in a refugee camp for two years waiting for their chance to come to North America because there are enough radicalized assholes who already live here and others who have valid passports who can travel freely anyway.

These are families who have had to flee because they have no home left, their villages and cities have been taken over by murdering, pillaging criminals. Most of the big wigs in ISIS are former drug lords and criminals. They currently live in tent cities run by the host nation and the UN. The camp north of Amman is the largest in the world and they do their best but there is not enough money or room for a place like Jordan to take anymore Syrians (remember, they are also full of Iraqis - Iraqi and Syrian christians usually choose Jordan first since it's safe for them there as Christians live freely in Jordan).

The word that Middle Easterns use for ISIS is Daesh and it is considered very insulting - they refuse to dignify the criminal organization by using the term ISIS.

Here, i found this which explains it pretty well

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...MUP/story.html
Yes, Again and cactusflower like this.

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #85 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:39 AM
Samantha Louise, 12 years old on 1/14/16
Hard-Core Sybermom

Nobody here is shouting "Hey, terrorists, come on in!"

But I am erring on the side of compassion for my fellow human.

--cited as one of sybermoms' most normal members.

http://365project.org/iowafalduto/365
post #86 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquigSoup View Post
Nobody here is shouting "Hey, terrorists, come on in!"

But I am erring on the side of compassion for my fellow human.
100% agree.
cactusflower likes this.
post #87 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Wrecked View Post
I bet Pudin doesn't know a single muslim. Click here to enlarge
Well you can think that but I have already stated on here that many of my family members converted and became US citizens from the middle east. But hey, meeting people on the street vs. spending decades of holidays and overnight vacations together and knowing the actual culture, well whatever. Click here to enlarge

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #88 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

So how exactly do your relatives hate our way of life, Pudin? Click here to enlarge

post #89 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Plus all that raping must make Thanksgiving awwww-kward!

post #90 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Oh and we can totally help them there but that doesn't seem to be something you guys can wrap your minds around. Should they just abandon their land? Let Isis fully take over? Never go back? Fucking insane. Click here to enlarge

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #91 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Quote:
So how exactly do your relatives hate our way of life, Pudin? Click here to enlarge
Well considering mine learned English first, then became as westernized as possible because they made the choice to become Americans I don't know as that I would put them on the same list as someone who shows up wearing a bee keeper's suit and thinks showing their hair makes them a slut. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #92 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Oh and mine didn't get free cash and welfare either. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #93 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Quote:
Plus all that raping must make Thanksgiving awwww-kward!
Well the talks of rapes over there are awkward. But you go ahead with your jokes, I'm laughing at you, not with you.

Bill Maher
post #94 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

and I shouldn't have bothered trying to discuss anything deeper than Huffington Post on t his forum because none of you will get it.

So what is everyone making for dinner? Can you believe Bruce Jenner's new lipgloss?

Bill Maher
post #95 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It's not about *getting it*. It's about agreeing with it.
Sextillion likes this.
post #96 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

You guys are totally black and white. No shades of grey.

Bill Maher
post #97 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't know if your "talking to them on the street" is directed at me or not but are we getting into a pissing match about "hey some of my best friends are black" lol

i only spent a few weeks but Shack spent months in Jordan, living and working amongst the locals, both Christian and Muslim people and he made many good friends, almost all of Hank's friends from school are Muslim - we all have more than enough Muslim friends and an Iranian, Muslim brother in law to boot so I'll see you a beekeeper suit and raise you two hijabs Click here to enlarge

Oh and I don't know anyone who wears a niqab and they are not common out and about in the city, although hijabs are everywhere.

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #98 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Asking why the average person from the Middle East hasn’t just come over here to live if they don’t hate “our way of life” shows that you don’t actually know anything about what it takes to legally become a resident of the U.S. or Canada, regardless of how many family members have completed the process.

The very idea that someone can just move over here because they feel like it and think the place looks neato, is laughable. Seriously. Click here to enlarge

MY PRESENCE IS YOUR PRESENT, BITCHES!

Quote:
went fishing today with my man and when he went to sit down in the chair. the chair slipped and he fell into the lake and it scared me.
20 May
post #99 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. FeMpaThy View Post
Asking why the average person from the Middle East hasnít just come over here to live if they donít hate ďour way of lifeĒ shows that you donít actually know anything about what it takes to legally become a resident of the U.S. or Canada, regardless of how many family members have completed the process.

The very idea that someone can just move over here because they feel like it and think the place looks neato, is laughable. Seriously. Click here to enlarge
It's almost as laughable as people who say people should just immigrate from Mexico legally. Click here to enlarge Like do you have any idea how fucking IMPOSSIBLE that is?
Dr. FeMpaThy likes this.

post #100 of 139 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
The noblest of savages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. FeMpaThy View Post
Asking why the average person from the Middle East hasnít just come over here to live if they donít hate ďour way of lifeĒ shows that you donít actually know anything about what it takes to legally become a resident of the U.S. or Canada, regardless of how many family members have completed the process.

I know it is hard, as it should be. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in