Let's hear your happy stuff... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Let's hear your happy stuff...

So, I'm coming out of what is probably the worst year of my life. Click here to enlarge It's been bad, y'all! Things have turned around for me kind of rapidly actually, and I'm so grateful.

Great job. Co-workers, the doctors I work with, the benefits. A really nice relationship. My ex is finally (after more than seven years) dating a lovely lady. My kids are all flourishing for the most part. I'm seriously so thankful for all of it.

Let's hear yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Honestly - I have a great job and great family and a couple of pretty awesome kids. I am thankful every single day that there are a couple of beautiful courageous women out there that gave me the gift of MotherhoodClick here to enlarge

Sappy enough for you?Click here to enlarge

On a side note - dh turned 45 today and he finally made a Dr apt for a physical, now I am scared that the chest pains he keeps brushing off as minor and nothing might be something. He never goes to the Dr!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 02:20 PM
Samantha Louise, 12 years old on 1/14/16
Hard-Core Sybermom

I was going to like Express's happy stuff but then she had that scary part at the end so best of luck to your family, fellow-mom-of-Piper.

--cited as one of sybermoms' most normal members.

http://365project.org/iowafalduto/365
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My Grandson will soon be here Mr Michael Allen William with 2 last names will be a strong boy to carry so many names. My daughter is due anywhere from Dec 19 to Dec 26th so he is my Christmas gift.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My daughter has all A's. And her oakpella group are going to competition this feb Click here to enlarge

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Hard-Core Sybermom

Is "oakpella" the new Wayne's coating?

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Once upon a time...
Hard-Core Sybermom

I got my first two weight goals. Click here to enlarge

"I feel very Shane today......"
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

love my job.
moved into town and can walk to work and more importantly, to the places with all the beers.
got a bonus check
husband's cancer is stable and he is feeling good.
kid is getting her driver's license in a couple weeks, lettered in soccer, getting A's, loves her job.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Today was the day my kids' school lets you embarrass your high school and middle school aged children by sitting in on one of their classes. Dh and I went to observe dd1's History class, and it made us really, really happy about our decision to send our kids to this school. It has its issues but the teachers are outstanding. Also, every kid seemed to have done the reading and was participating in the discussion. It's an Honors class, but still. My 10th grade history teacher wasn't bad, but I was one of a handful of kids who ever raised my hand, and we were surrounded by eye-rolling hair flippers who radiated contempt for anyone who showed interest in the subject matter. (Or slept. Depended on the day.)

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 05:05 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
my kid continues to be a joy to own and shows no signs of changing his nerdy, do goody ways Click here to enlarge
Even though we couldn't really celebrate our recent 20th anniversary due to live happening, Shack is still the apple of my eye
My mid life career change continues to slowly turn into something that feels less like a self indulgent hobby and more like a viable work thing

Despite some terrible, no good things going on this past year, we are all healthy, happy and living well

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My business is booming and I have more work than I can handle. My clients are DREAMS.

My kids are just the coolest people I can imagine. Our house is full of laughs and hugs and camaraderie and love. My son is working on his first video game, and it's great to see his progress. He's gone from programming a "guess the random number" application to a game that's like Space Invaders. He's only 13 so I can't even imagine what he'll be able to do by the time he is ready to go out into the work world. My daughter has transferred her competitive spirit to her music and got third chair in the region honors band. My youngest daughter is getting more confidence, finding herself, and is still the sweet girl she has always been with no signs of teen defiance and thank goodness for that because I have enough of that with the other two. Click here to enlarge

I can't imagine loving my husband more, and yet every day I fall deeper in love. Click here to enlarge

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 06:18 AM
Hard-Core Sybermom

My oldest daughter is 15 (today!) and is really turning into just the nicest kid; she's funny, she's insightful...and she is in two honors classes in high school, honors English--which makes sense--and honor geometry--which, um, okay.

My other daughters are just so fun and play together so nicely; Sammi is such a kind soul, and Piper writes the best stories.

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquigSoup View Post
I was going to like Express's happy stuff but then she had that scary part at the end so best of luck to your family, fellow-mom-of-Piper.
It's ok, he needs to lose some weight and eat better. I am glad he made an appt - his dad had 2 Quad by-pass surgeries and had he not died suddenly he would have been headed for a 3rd. My best guess is reflux and gall bladder with a side of hard labor work. No shortness of breath or other signs of heart problems.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Money situation is leveling out, we've found some friends locally and had some friends move from Germany, adopted two more dogs this year because why fucking not, and life in general is pretty decent and boring. Ds is doing well in school, has friends, loves MMA, and is starting a program to do jr. Firefighter training because he wants to do something after the Paris attacks. He's got the biggest heart and thickest skull and I adore him.

Dh is doing great in his new job, he doesn't love it but it's experience and we'll be leaving once Ds graduates. My job is meh, I like the company but West Point in general is full of pissy miserable mean people so I'm always looking for reasons to work from home lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Immoral Fuckery
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Her school calls it oakapella, singing without music. They make beats with their voice, and sing.

post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I am happy. I'm thankful for what I have. I don't dwell on the negativity anymore.

The world is in complete shambles right now. I've never felt more thankful for all the things I've always taken for granted.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
Her school calls it oakapella, singing without music. They make beats with their voice, and sing.
That is more commonly called acapella.Click here to enlarge
PunkassPie, Twinklestars and Mocha like this.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Strange
I am thankful for oakapella. That made my whole fucking life better.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

STFU Mags
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:04 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
okapella Click here to enlarge
it's the new valid victorian Click here to enlarge

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:11 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

:roll I love oakapella

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in