San Bernardino shooting - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

So based on the fact that Syed and his wife left behind a six-month baby I'm now honestly wondering if some very extreme variety of post-partum psychosis was involved. Or if untreated PPD made her more willing to join him in whatever the hell this was.

Though to add to the weirdness, apparently the guns were all bought four years ago: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-bern...ought-legally/ and Syed and his wife have only been married for like two years?

I have to say though, this pretty conclusively demonstrates that the Scott Adams' asshole theory is bullshit. (After some previous recent mass shooting, the guy who draws Dilbert talked about how men commit shootings because they can't get some woman to have sex with them, so ladies, you should all be fucking the losers of the world as a public service. This guy may have not gotten laid recently -- my husband and I weren't getting it on a lot when we had a six-month old in the house -- but he was certainly getting laid at some point.)

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

And, I mean, maybe it was political terrorism.

But holy crap, if you've got a stockpile of very large guns, ammunition, fake bombs, and tactical clothing, you're willing to die, and your wife is willing to help you out, and you are an actual government employee, and you want to commit bloody mayhem against the Great Satan because you're a fanatic Islamist, and the best you can come up with is shooting up your own office Christmas party... I mean, yes, he killed a shitload of people but that is some seriously loser-ish political terrorism right there.

If he left a manifesto, it hasn't turned up. When you shoot your own coworkers everyone's going to assume it's personal; literally the only reason anyone's even considering the possibility of political terrorism here is that the killers were Muslim.
SquigSoup and Yes, Again like this.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

P.S. I am really glad today for Sybermoms where I can air comments like this and it's at least marginally less inappropriate than airing them on Facebook.

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM
The noblest of savages

His own father said he became super religious a couple of years ago, around the time he married his stupid fucking wife.

Post partum psychosis? Seriously? That is absolutely ridiculous. She did what he told her to because she is a super religious female and thought he was her ruler.

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 11:17 AM
The noblest of savages

Oh and you don't have full body armor and that kind of arsenal and pipe bombs unless you are a fucking terrorist.

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My sil is a photojournalist from San Bernardino if you want to follow some of the vigils and other happenings. jcmaherphoto on instagram @jcmaherphoto on Twitter.

And Julie said "Futz", "Futz" said Julie.
"Futz around until my return."
The definition of "futz" was something we had yet to learn,
But we tried to do it anyway, anyway,
'Cause Julie, we'll do anything you say.

post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:52 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
And, I mean, maybe it was political terrorism.

But holy crap, if you've got a stockpile of very large guns, ammunition, fake bombs, and tactical clothing, you're willing to die, and your wife is willing to help you out, and you are an actual government employee, and you want to commit bloody mayhem against the Great Satan because you're a fanatic Islamist, and the best you can come up with is shooting up your own office Christmas party... I mean, yes, he killed a shitload of people but that is some seriously loser-ish political terrorism right there.

If he left a manifesto, it hasn't turned up. When you shoot your own coworkers everyone's going to assume it's personal; literally the only reason anyone's even considering the possibility of political terrorism here is that the killers were Muslim.
This is very similar to what my dh said about it last night. If terrorism was the goal, it is a real fail.

Lime time.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 10:33 AM
The noblest of savages

I think they thought they would get away with it and move on to the next location or something. They didn't want anyone to know who they were.

Bill Maher
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 10:38 AM
CAM
I tried

I'm already seeing memes connecting this to the WAR ON CHRISTMAS

CAM

There are two Americas - separate, unequal, and no longer even acknowledging each other except on the barest cultural terms. In the one nation, new millionaires are minted every day. In the other, human beings no longer necessary to our economy, to our society, are being devalued and destroyed. -- David Simon

I'm magically delicious!

I dated a Nestene duplicate once. Swappable head. Did keep things fresh. Right then! I have questions. But number one is this: What in the name of sanity have you got on your head?
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 11:16 AM
The noblest of savages

Well that answers it.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-wo...e47949060.html

Bill Maher
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 11:17 AM
The noblest of savages

Cam, this obviously happened because Starbucks didn't put any Pagan Christmas trees on their red cups this year. Click here to enlarge

Bill Maher
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 11:22 AM
The noblest of savages

Female San Bernardino attacker Tashfeen Malik pledged her allegiance to Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdad on Facebook as she carried out a deadly shooting spree with her husband, according to CNN.

U.S. officials told the cable network on Friday that Malik posted the message on an account under a different name.

Bill Maher
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 11:29 AM
The noblest of savages

Pictures of the inside of their house. They did a good job of appearing to be normal American Muslims all while building pipe bombs as their baby played in the bouncy thing.He was born here. No way to vet that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...killed-14.html

Bill Maher
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 01:51 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post

That's pretty much what I said to my husband. He couldn't have found a restaurant, mall, movie theatre, or at least a government office he wasn't working for? When you shoot up your fellow employees, it looks more like you've lost it and have a workplace grudge than you are trying to make a political-religious point. Very weird choice of target.
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM
The noblest of savages

Some are speculating that this wasn't the attack they had planned and that he sort of blew his stack at the Jewish guy at work and decided to go shoot the place up but that they had something larger in mind. The amount if pathetically built pipe bombs they had at their apartment shows they had other things in mind.

Bill Maher
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

where is the 3rd shooter?
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 03:03 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by max e. pad View Post
where is the 3rd shooter?
I thought the potential 3rd shooter had been confirmed as someone who found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time and wisely ran away from the shooting?
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

Usually during any chaotic active shooting there are claims of multiple shooters. 1 shooter? There are usually 2 reported. So 2 shooters means 3 reported is hardly out of the ordinary.

I'm just amazed we have 28 people gunned down and we have to wait and see if it is ISIS or disgruntled employee, or mentally ill wack-a-doo.
Yes, Again likes this.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 PM
First day of school
Hard-Core Sybermom

You know you're an ineffective terrorist when it takes a few days for anyone to realise you were going d
Trying to terrorise them.
Naomi and "Kate" is available like this.
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Right?!?

I mean, the more that comes out about this the more it seems like there probably was a terrorist motive, but this was weirdly ineffective terrorism given the body count.

Workplace shootings are awful but most of us aren't afraid of our coworkers. It's much more unnerving when someone shoots up a mall or restaurant than when someone shoots up their own workplace, even if the body count isn't as high.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in