Appliances - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Appliances

If you are on my FB, you already know about my refrigerator saga.

Short version. Less than 2 years. Compressor and Evaporator went. Waiting to see what insurance will do. Whirlpool is good for nothing.

Now washing machine has to be replaced Click here to enlarge I want to get an LG front loader to match my dryer.

Does anyone have any reviews on them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I just bought a washer and dryer today Click here to enlarge Not an LG though. I talked to 3 sales guys who basically all said no brand is any better than the other anymore, they all have quirks.Get the extended warranty.

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 01:12 PM
The noblest of savages

I have an LG front loader it is maybe 12 years old? I love it. Now that I have said that, it will probably break.

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

I have the extended warranty on my Whirlpool refrigerator. I still am without a refrigerator for THREE WEEKS!!!!!

My Maytag is only 3 years old. I usually don't bother with the extended warranty on stuff that is under $1,000. I think I will get it on the new washer Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCar View Post
I just bought a washer and dryer today Click here to enlarge Not an LG though. I talked to 3 sales guys who basically all said no brand is any better than the other anymore, they all have quirks.Get the extended warranty.
Sales guys just want to sell Click here to enlarge

my repairman pretty much said the same thing though.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

These were non commission guys so they don't give a shit. I pretty much read the same thing online. Click here to enlarge

They just don't make 'em like they used to.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

How do you go without a fridge for 3weeks? During Thanksgiving? Click here to enlarge

I just got two of the three major parts of my air conditioner replaced today. Merry Christmas, kids!
BabyKisses likes this.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

In my experience, the front loaders suck no matter what brand they are.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
My fridge died the week before superbowl last year and I had to buy a new one. It sucks when a major appliance dies. I Click here to enlarge my new fridge though so if it dies soon I'll be pissed.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Sunbeastin
Hard-Core Sybermom

I bought a Kenmore Elite, which is based on a LG. The ice maker and freezer fritzed out and I called for a warranty repair. The guy came out looked at it and laughed. He said he knew exactly what was wrong with it and left. A few days later a circuit board showed up at the house. For some reason after the repair the refrigerator needs to sit turned off for 3 days. We postponed the repair until next week when it is cold enough outside to be a refrigerator.

poster most fowl

tj=bedazzled scrotum tj=creepy skin tag tj=crotch splotch tj=cyber stockings tj=daisy pincher tj=festering bunion tj=gonad masseuse tj=lard broom tj=lard mallet tj=matted back fat tj=musty mittens tj=nostril polish tj=nut gazer tj=pervert tj=puffed anus tj=sphincter flap tj=squid bollocks tj=syber "mons" tj=taint painter tj=toads nipple tonya tarantula turkey is lead paint tutor hard chairs
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

We found repair guys willing to fix our LG washer were hard to find around here. We ordered the part and DH did it himself. All the repair guys said the way the LGs are designed it takes a long time to pull everything apart and repair it so they stopped servicing them. FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Our washer was 12 years old so it was due. New part and we are golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BabyKisses likes this.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 06:04 AM
DD with Ramin Karimloo after Les Miz
Hard-Core Sybermom

We have an LG top loader and I adore it. I swear it could hold all the clothes in the house. We have the W&D in our mudroom which is narrow so I couldn't do a front loader and keep it open all the time.

I want a new fridge in the worst way but mine keeps limping along so I don't get one Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

We got the new fridge a year and a half ago. It's a Kitchenaid and I like it well enough but sometimes it makes weird noises.

My new washer/dryer set is a Whirlpool. I forked over the extra cash for the 5 year warranty Click here to enlarge

I wish I could have my commercial Laundromat stuff at home Click here to enlarge

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXchick View Post
How do you go without a fridge for 3weeks? During Thanksgiving? Click here to enlarge

I just got two of the three major parts of my air conditioner replaced today. Merry Christmas, kids!
I am having so much anxiety over it!!! the week of Thanksgiving I had 2 turkeys thawing in the fridge. I think that helped retain whatever cold was there, b/c it wasn't really a problem until a day or two after. I have a small fridge that I usually keep stocked with water and beer, so I have been using that and I have a chest freezer that I am using. It's terrible to not be able to do a normal grocery shopping and have stuff on hand to pack lunches, etc. I am fucking LIVID now. I called the ins. company again to check the status. they say they are still waiting estimate from repair company before they make a determination. I said "CAN'T YOU GOOGLE IT????" Click here to enlarge Seriously, they are an appliance insurance company, they don't have an idea what it would cost? Click here to enlarge They are supposed to hear back from someone at 2 and follow up with me. My guess? I will not have a refrigerator until after Christmas Click here to enlarge
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 05:21 PM
'Tis the season, bitches...
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Ypsi Send a message via Yahoo to Ypsi
I would love a new refrigerator but the one I picked out 11 years ago (an INSIDE water dispenser. What the fuck was I smoking???) is still chugging along, dammit.

We got this washer last year and LOVE it. It took some getting used to; it takes a lot longer to run a cycle but the clothes get very clean and it uses a lot less water, I think.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

That is the washer I bought 3 years ago and needs to be replaced Click here to enlarge
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 07:58 AM
DD with Ramin Karimloo after Les Miz
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyKisses View Post
That is the washer I bought 3 years ago and needs to be replaced Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge

You have very bad appliance karma Click here to enlarge
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
LIKE A BOSS
Hard-Core Sybermom

Seriously Click here to enlarge
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 05:27 PM
The noblest of savages

No you don't. Appliances suck now. They are built to break, they make the parts cost so much that you pretty much have to replace the stupid things instead of fixing them.

ďI donít know why we donít create some sort of system where we could train [Syrian refugees] to then go back to their own country and then fight for that country. Doesnít somebody have to stay in the Middle East and make the Middle East a better place to live?Ē

Bill Maher

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in