Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   The Main Event...all debate, all the time! (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/2-main-event-all-debate-all-time/)
-   -   What kind of stuff do/did you like baking with your kids? (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/2-main-event-all-debate-all-time/742794-what-kind-stuff-do-did-you-like-baking-your-kids.html)

PunkassPie 12-13-2015 12:41 PM

What kind of stuff do/did you like baking with your kids?

I'm trying to think of something fun to bake with the kids (probably just M :() this week and I'm looking for stuff you have done or do with your kids that they like. Not too time consuming though, it's happening on a week night.

:thanks

MadCar 12-13-2015 12:47 PM

Christmas Crack. It's short enough to keep attention

Yes, Again 12-13-2015 12:49 PM

My kids like cutting out and decorating gingerbread cookies, but that might me more time consuming than you're looking for.

WWF 12-13-2015 01:03 PM

Peanut butter blossoms. Lilly likes unwrapping all the hershey kisses then putting them on the cookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXchick 12-13-2015 02:37 PM

What WWF said; that's something my kids loved making with my mom. Before she moved to the damn 3rd world rain forest. :disgust

Yes, Again 12-13-2015 04:43 PM

What's Christmas crack?

Small Town Ho 12-13-2015 05:07 PM

We did choc covered pretzels dipped in sprinkles last year and Finn had a blast.

This year I think we are going to make our own soft pretzels and puppy chow. It really Finn is going to make them and I'll supervise :lol

MadCar 12-13-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yes, Again (Post 12197634)
What's Christmas crack?

That saltine, toffee, chocolate stuff that is highly addictive.

Peent 12-13-2015 05:27 PM

Rice krispy treats in fun shapes

todolist 12-13-2015 06:43 PM

anything. Make cristmas cookies.

I turned my 13yo into a maniac.

I left her and her older brother home all summer while I worked. I came home to all sorts of stuff. She was able to get him to help her make cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes. They didn't kill each other either.

One morning about a month ago I woke up to bear claws.

Last week she made donuts.

One of the best decisions I have ever made in life was teaching her to bake :lol

PunkassPie 12-13-2015 07:10 PM

Some good ideas! :clap We will bake cookies on Xmas eve, it's our tradition but I scheduled an advent baking activity this week as well. Originally I was going to do those cookies where you cut out the inside and put crushed jolly ranchers so they look like stained glass but when I was looking for a recipe all the reviews said PITA and not that yummy.

Twinklestars 12-13-2015 09:25 PM

So far, we have made Chex mix. We will do covered pretzels, regular fudge, peanut butter fudge, toffee, cookies.

I might do the peanut butter fudge tomorrow. It is a fave of oldest dd's bf and he is a great kid.

PunkassPie 12-14-2015 02:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think we're going to make these, M has been asking to make gingerbread cookies and Star Wars is coming out this week. Why not? :lol

http://www.sugarednerd.com/recipes-a...ookiee-cookies

TXchick 12-14-2015 05:19 AM

OMG, I MUST MAKE CHEWBACCA COOKIES,!!!! :love :lol

todolist, I also turned my daughter into a baking fiend. It was great when both kids lived at home and she could be responsible for a lot of things for me! :clap Something for a party? Sure! Cupcakes for the class? Easy! Weekend breakfast? Done! Enjoy it while you have her there!

Express66 12-14-2015 07:00 AM

Dipping pretzel rods into melted chocolate and then sprinkles would be an easy one for a week night - not really baking but they are fun and require very little effort:lol

Naomi 12-14-2015 06:29 PM

Those Chewbacca cookies are awesome!