What gift are you most excited about? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
The Main Event...all debate, all the time! WARNING: Anything posted in this forum is fair game for flame! If you are looking for support, take it to the support forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
santy What gift are you most excited about?

What gift are you giving are you most excited about?

H is finally getting the cell phone he has been begging/harrassing us for and we're going to torture him a little by not giving it to him right away Click here to enlarge

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 06:12 AM
DD with Ramin Karimloo after Les Miz
Hard-Core Sybermom

We are all going to see 'Hamilton' ... in late June ... but I'm so excited about this one. C is going to lose her mind!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My oldest keeps talking about Hamilton.

I got him a Melodica which he's not expecting at all!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 06:21 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to mamashack
there is nothing super exciting this year for Hank although I do think he will be happy with the stuff he has. He has been through at least four sets of headphones this year (he swears he doesn't twist or chew the cord but he is the only person I know who has the cord break right at the same spot EVERY SINGLE TIME lol) so I got him some blue tooth headphones
Usually we take a big trip as our family gift but he has too much homework this year
wtf

MAMA FOR POPE!

A POPE WHO COOKS!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 06:32 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamashack View Post
there is nothing super exciting this year for Hank although I do think he will be happy with the stuff he has. He has been through at least four sets of headphones this year (he swears he doesn't twist or chew the cord but he is the only person I know who has the cord break right at the same spot EVERY SINGLE TIME lol) so I got him some blue tooth headphones
Usually we take a big trip as our family gift but he has too much homework this year
wtf
We finally got max Bluetooth wireless headphones and they have lasted longer than any others he has ever owned.

Nothing super exciting in our house this year

Max is getting wireless gaming headphones for the xbox - that's his big gift

Piper wants a new reborn (I know, I know, but she plays with them all the damn time) and I am hopefully having one made for her. She knows she won't have it for a while so she is getting several smaller gifts.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 07:19 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My littlest is getting that Star Lily Unicorn thing. That's the one thing she asked Click here to enlarge for. She's still in that "I completely believe that Click here to enlarge is 100% real" phase so being able to get her that will make my morning.
TXchick likes this.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

DS broke the $70 Bluetooth headphones faster than the $15 Skullcandy earbuds, so he's getting more earbudsin his stocking. Click here to enlarge He uses an iPad for school, so earbuds are actually a required school supply here.

The big gift is a new television for DS. He's been watching and playing on a screen slightly larger than an iPad. Click here to enlarge He's getting a nice 32" for his room.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 08:41 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Strange
The My Little Pony wig, tutu, fingerless gloves and knee high socks for my niece Cammy. Everything is rainbow colored so she can be Rainbow Dash.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
TXchick and dontcallmethat like this.

STFU Mags
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 09:02 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Ds will be excited to get a PA speaker/amp and microphone for his beatboxing, but I'm more excited to give him t-shirts from Blackcomb Mt. in Whistler, BC. He's nuts about skiing and is fascinated with that place for whatever reason. I was going to make a t-shirt with their logo (because there is nowhere online that I can buy one from the resort), but when I asked permission and explained that I'd even love to buy/order one from them if possible, they said I couldn't use their logo, but they would be happy to send one for free. Click here to enlarge I got the package a couple days ago and they even wrapped the stuff for xmas. Click here to enlarge It looks like they sent 2 t-shirts, and there is also a little box with something solid in it. I can't wait to see! Click here to enlarge I think that will be ds's favorite gift.
REDSOXMAMA likes this.

goobie grab her yuni eeek!

To err is human, so... uh... - Gary King
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Giving my 14 yo dd the cellphone she wants but wouldn't dare ask us for. She's made do with her iPod touch quite admirably so I'm happy to do this for her.

For dh, it's tickets to see Wilco. I don't think he even knows they're touring so he's going to faint. He's also getting Adele tickets but that's more for all of us.
TXchick likes this.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:05 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

got my 16yo a dvd of live footage from elo's out of the blue tour from wembley 1978 and a big country restless natives t-shirt from the UK that she is gonna love. and bruce springsteen tickets for the river tour in march. Click here to enlarge
TXchick and Peent like this.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:22 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Olive
we did our family christmas this weekend. the ps4 was a huge hit. we let spencer open a ps4 minecraft story mode game before the ps4 was opened. i had attached a note to the game that said "i'm sorry, but i bought the wrong one! don't take off the plastic--we will go to gamestop today!"

so he got excited and then a little bummed. and then a few minutes later, the ps4 was unwrapped by all 4 of us, and there was much screaming. Click here to enlarge

spencer picked out the exploding kittens game for me, and we are all loving it.

i think this was the best christmas (as far as gifts and everyone being content even if we'd not gotten a ps4) in a while. it was really really nice and relaxing.
TXchick and dontcallmethat like this.

Petition the White House to Adopt the Chartreuse Awareness Ribbon for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.

"While there are many colors for various causes, (for example, Child Abuse and Autism both share the same color ribbon) there is no nationally recognized ribbon in chartreuse. Child sexual abuse affects so many children and yet prevention organizations struggle to receive the funding they need to raise awareness and educate people on all the simple ways we can empower our children, families, and communities against abuse."
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Dd is getting a TV she has been asking for, for years. She can watch all of the One Tree Hill episodes on Netflix she wants in her room! Ds is getting one of those stupid hover board things. It was the only thing he really wanted, let's just hope it doesn't set my house on fire

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I Click here to enlarge Christmas. Click here to enlarge

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 05:23 PM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

DH is getting a new cordless drill - his old one has been on the fritz & he won't spend the money on himself, so inspiration struck & I just bought it for Mr. I Don't Know Click here to enlarge

DS is getting a light Saber the he can duel with. He's saving $$ for the $300+ one Click here to enlarge and we got him a "grab bag" one so he'll have two when he finally gets his Precious https://www.ultrasabers.com/BLADES-G...des-gb-ini.htm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 06:38 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Nothing surprising here, the boys filled up their online carts and I paid for it. Sigh....they did get super comfy slippers though! Sebastian is will be happy with his new paintball marker and Gabriel will love his airsoft accessories, but there is now wow gift this year.

And Julie said "Futz", "Futz" said Julie.
"Futz around until my return."
The definition of "futz" was something we had yet to learn,
But we tried to do it anyway, anyway,
'Cause Julie, we'll do anything you say.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 11:46 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

We got DS the Sphero BB8 droid thing he's been obsessed with.
Shmi likes this.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
We got DS the Sphero BB8 droid thing he's been obsessed with.
Someone at my work bought one of those and I was playing with it on Friday! Click here to enlarge Super fun.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkassPie View Post
Someone at my work bought one of those and I was playing with it on Friday! Click here to enlarge Super fun.
DH and I were watching Youtube videos last night of what it can do. Its a smart little toy.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 08:06 PM
Diz
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

This year it would be the tool belt we got our son with some tools he will need to start his first year of apprenticeship.

Its pretty exciting to see him grow up into a really responsible adult.

Bazinga

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in