Pregnant Pussycat: The Sequel - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Pregnancy Journals Start your own thread and keep your pregnancy journal here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Pregnant Pussycat: The Sequel

I waited to start really posting in here again until I saw my ob. I went today, and there is only one (I was terrified of multiples), and it has a heartbeat! Measurements show I'm not 6 weeks/4 days as expected but 5weeks/5days ...likely ovulated late due to being not quite regular yet, since it's, you know, Less than a year postpartum. Click here to enlarge.

My due date is 2/21/09. A month after my 39th birthday, a little more than a month before Dh's fiftieth birthday. 7 months after Linus' first birthday. Click here to enlarge

Contrary to my fear that I might be scolded, my dr. was delighted to see me and says that, also contrary to my worries, he sees LESS cause for concern this time because I now have one successful post-transplant pregnancy in my history. My pre-eclampsia risk is higher than normal but not that high, 1 in 3. The likelihood is that I will not get it again, and overwhelming likelihood is that if I do, it will be like it was with Linus, no big deal in the realm of pre-eclampsia. I'm told I'm in better shape than most of his patients of any age, any postpartum stage, and any medical history, and not to worry at all. Click here to enlarge

I scheduled a CVS for August 5. That seems too far from now. I wanted as soon as possible, which only a year ago was the 11th week, but they are now making people wait til their 12th week. I'm just really anxious for all the reassurance I can get.

I was holding my breath waiting to see a heartbeat today, and all but threw up when the doctor confirmed that I was seeing it. It's not a heartbeat, really, yet, just a "pulsation," I think was his careful word choice, but he did confirm that yes, that pulsation is proof of life. One of the nurses came in after, beaming, and said she accosted him in the hallway after and demanded to know if there was a heartbeat, because she was hoping so for me.

Mickey Mackey Boo Ba Boo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Congratulations FP! I'm so happy for you! I won't be joining you this time around. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge Chicken!
Thanks. Click here to enlarge

Mickey Mackey Boo Ba Boo
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Congratulations!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Here's why I haven't updated in a million years: I can't think of anything to say other than
My back is killing me; I have sciatica that makes it feel like I have knives stabbing me when I stand up
My asshole is killing me; I have hemorrhoids so bad the pain wakes me up Click here to enlarge
My nipples are killing me; I'm still nursing Linus and the third trimester/teething combo IS NOT GOOD. Click here to enlarge

I am not a fun pregnant lady this time around.
I'm up now because I couldn't go back to sleep after: Linus woke me up at 1:56, I tried to get up to get him, my back made me cry, DH asked "Do you want me to bring him in here for you to nurse him?" so I had to yell NO I DON'T WANT THAT WHY WOULD I WANT TO ADD HIM BITING ME TO THE PAIN I'M OBVIOUSLY IN WHY CAN'T YOU GO GIVE HIM A PACIFIER OR SOMETHING; Linus heard me crying and started shrieking; so of course I limped in there to nurse him after all (resulting in current nipples of fiah, above); went back to bed and the only thing that distracted me from my various throbbing body parts was the fact that I was suddenly starving. Too hungry to sleep.

Pregnancy is such a beautiful time. Click here to enlarge

Mickey Mackey Boo Ba Boo
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

30 weeks? Click here to enlarge Using ds's fav word.. SOOOON!

Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in