You do not know what you will end up with.
We went away for an out-of-town wedding and rented a carseat for ds (3 yo). It was a Graco ComfortSport. All seemed well until I went to install it.
1. Rental car had no owner's manual.
2. Rental car had the type of seatbelts which require a locking clip.
3. Rental car had LATCH anchors.
4. I didn't see LATCH on the carseat, but saw a sticker on the side which said it had LATCH. So I felt around inside, and found out that the LATCH had been drawn up the back, and one of the hooks was in the position where it *appeared* to be the rear tether
There was just no rear tether anywhere to be found. It was totally gone.
5. There was no owner's manual on the carseat, either.
(Fortunately my nephew has the same carseat and I used that manual and a visual inspection of his carseat to see where the rear tether should have been. Yup, rear tether was just simply not present).
Next time I bring ds's car seat. As you can imagine, I had very little faith in that seat.