Boulevard vs Snugride.... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Carseats 101 Kids in the car? Buckle them in and do it right. Need ideas? Come inside!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Boulevard vs Snugride....

We ordered a Boulevard from Albeebaby the other day because they were hugely on sale and we knew we'd need one eventually. It came the other day and it's just such a nice seat. I had no idea.

Anyway, dd is in a SnugRide right now, which we like. We never use it outside of the car though because I usually either sling or carry her, and if she falls asleep in it and I carry her somewhere, she wakes right up anyway.

The Boulevard has a really adjustable headrest and an infant insert. DD is two months old and weighs about 9.5-10 lbs. Is it stunned to think about transitioning her to that seat now (rear facing, obviously)? I feel like its a safer seat than the SnugRide overall, but does that apply to infants? Its probably marketing, but I prefer Britax to Graco and the Boulevard has the side impact wings and just seems like a bigger, sturdier seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

There is nothing wrong with either one of those seats. They are both perfectly safe. As a parent, my preference is to try to get through the winter with the baby bucket because it's so much easier to load inside the house than try to wrestle with limp baby limbs in the freezing cold. But there is certainly nothing wrong with switching to a convertible.

If you do choose to go with the convertible, be aware of two things: one, the straps might still be too high for her. Britax convertibles are great, but they are rarely a good fit for little babies. Secondly, at two months old, she doesn't have great head control, so she'll need the full 45 degree incline. Once you get it installed, you can use the rear-facing tether feature to adjust your incline properly Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am not sure if you have any of the models that were listed on the site but if you are not sure, I remember a recall made on the Graco Snug Ride seats just before Christmas.

http://children.webmd.com/news/20071...ar-seat-recall
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

There is a recall on certain DOM for some Boulevards too. There are ALWAYS recalls. That is why it is critical to register your car seats with the manufacturer.

If she fits in the Boulevard now (harness strap slots at or below her shoulders), there is no reason not to put her in it. It really depends on fit. Both are equally safe. It doesn't sound like you use the features of an infant carrier, so if the Boulevard fits her, there is no reason not to do it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

we've had gabby's boulevard for almost a year now and it's an amazing car seat. We still have her rear facing and she's over 13 months with plenty of room for her legs still as well. The straps have never tangled and it's a breeze to adjust. I can't say enough good things about it, the best money ever spent.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

oh another thing is that we've never had to wash it and it still looks brand new.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

ITA Ruby, it's an AWESOME seat. We just went ahead and put the Boulevard in one car and left the Graco in the other. Since the Graco is in mine, we usually use that. And frankly, I can reach over the Graco while I'm driving to the pacifier thing or something, so that is a huge plus. Click here to enlarge But we love the Boulevard and she likes it better than the Graco too- she can see more. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I put gabby's car seat forward facing tonight, omg that thing is rock solid. It does. not. move. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in