So, about the Graco Nautilus... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Carseats 101 Kids in the car? Buckle them in and do it right. Need ideas? Come inside!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

So, about the Graco Nautilus...

I picked mine up today. Assembly is fairly easy, installation(even in my vehicle which requires a locking clip) was easy, and the harness, at least for my DS, will work for longer than the Marathon or the Radian.

However, because of the armrests, it will not work next to a rearfacing seat. And the rearfacing seat I was trying out was the Radian(which installs perfect rearfacing in my car, again with a locking clip) It wouldn't work in DH's vehicle either, a 2001 Explorer. And the seats have to be next to each other, because I need a shoulder belt for my 12yo.

I'm going to try the Marathon, to see if a seat that sits up higher would fit better next to it, but the Marathon isn't really the best choice for a newborn anyway, so I'm not convinced it will work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I want a radian to go RF in my car. I have 3 across the back so I need a narrow seat. I haven't bought one yet. I would really like to see one in person and see how it fits.

I guess I'm just going to have to order it and return it if it doesn't fit.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

The Radian, at least for my car, installs beautifully rearfacing. I have to have the front passenger seat all the way up, but it fits. I just really would've like the Nautilus to work, because then I could've kept DS rearfacing that much longer, but it just isn't working.

Watch at Target for their free shipping deals, and order the Radian from them. That way, if it doesn't work in your car, you can return it to the store(if you have a Target local to you that is)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

So one question: is it LATCH compatible?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Yeah, all seats have to be LATCH compatible now. My cars is just both too old to have LATCH.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Wow, I must've been really tired when I made that last post, because that is some horrible grammar.

I'm going out to my car today to play around some more with the seats, I'm determined to figure out a way to make them fit. And then I need to order the gray cover for my Radian(or find someone to sell/trade me their gray cover) because the brown cover for my Radian clashes badly with the Nautilus.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I really like the harness adjuster on the Nautilus. 100x better than the one on the CarGo or any of the big Britaxes Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I do like the harness adjuster much more than on my Marathon. And the buckle is nice, harder for an escape artist to escape with it. And I like the not 100% nylon straps too, they are thicker, and definitely less twisty than previous Graco straps.

I "think" I have it in the car so the Radian will fit next to it. However, it leans slightly towards the buckle right now, mostly due to having to use a locking clip in my car. I need to get to the Ford dealership and have an anchor installed on that side, that should help matters as far as the leaning goes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in