Need a new car seat - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Carseats 101 Kids in the car? Buckle them in and do it right. Need ideas? Come inside!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Need a new car seat

My little boy will be 4 next Sunday. Click here to enlarge I was checking out his car seat today and realized he's on the brink of being too big for it. He's 43" and 40lbs. The exact height and weight maximums for using the harness on his seat. He is not at all ready to use it as a booster seat. He needs to be tied down. Click here to enlarge

So, what is out there that will fit him for a while longer with a harness and can be used as a booster later on? If I can avoid needing to take out a loan to pay for it, that would be great too. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am in the same spot as A's seat expires late March.

I think I have decided on the Graco Nautilus. http://www.target.com/Graco-Nautilus...Carseat&page=1 but I keep watching for sales.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Now that I am seeing some sales, I may end up with the Regent. It's at $209.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Second the Graco Nautilus Click here to enlarge

It's an awesome seat. Sturdy as heck, installs brilliantly easily, will last for years. As a harnessed seat the harness goes to 65 pounds and has 18" top harness position. You will probably get to 6, 6.5 harness in it. It then converts to a high back booster, and then to a backless booster. The high back portion has a 6 year expiration and the backless portion has a 9 year expiration, so unless you expect your 13 year old to need a BPB, this should be the last seat you need.

The cupholder is awesome. I have never seen such a decent cupholder on a carseat Click here to enlarge. My own four year old is a big fan of the cubby hole in the armrests for his toys.

The covers aren't particularly interesting. They are all gray and almost all mesh. The Target version is more plush if that appeals to you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

That looks perfect. He'll love the little cubby hole to store rocks. Click here to enlarge

Thank you. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in